what are some powerful 4 Cylinder cars available?

I'm looking into buying a new car and I was hoping for a 4 Cylinder car, since where I live gas is already at the $4 per gallon mark. I'm not a fan of hybrids, I use to own a Dodge Challenger so I want something that's not to slow. I did some info on the new Ford Fusion and that looks like a good buy, but I'm not a fan of the electric numb steering. A friend of mines has the Toyota Camry and its a nice car, but I don't know I'm not attracted to it. That's just a personal thing. Price isn't really isn't a big deal, I'm not buying the car alone I just drive it and fill up the tank. I also want a naturally aspirated engine (no turbo or superchargers). I'm not planning on racing or anything, just want a good highway cruiser that can hit the 100mph mark with ease (empty highways, no police). Anyone can recommend me a good 4 Cylinder that's not a Civic or Corolla? Something mid-sized and preferably american make. Not that I won't buy a Accord. I just prefer domestic.

• roger
    Favorite Answer

Take a look at the subaru wrx sti its a 275 hp turbo charged 4 cylinder boxer engine that got its beginnings on Ralley racing on dirt, mud and sand tracks all over the world in forests, deserts , and anywhere else it could race. The vehicle is a porsche killer from way back, it has an awesome warranty and you can add some go fast goodies if that floats your boat.

Go to a website called Edmunds.com it has a lot of information about new and used cars, you can input your particulars and check out almost any car for sale and find any recent magazine testing drives long term, short term and also there may be some owner reviews as well as links to dealers, another car I recently looked at was a nissan sentra SE-R 2.5 for about 20 grand you could get a pretty decent car with a sport package and some other upgrades that were pretty nice for the money, and about 10 grand you are welcome to look at what the USA has, but nothing they have has outperformed the nissan and the honda, subaru is american I believe There is a nissan altima with a 265 hp 6 cylinder that is a butt kicker too. good luck

RE:

I'm looking into buying a new car and I was hoping for a 4 Cylinder car, since where I live gas is already at the $4 per gallon mark. I'm not a fan of hybrids, I use to own a Dodge Challenger so I want something that's not to slow. I did some info on the new Ford Fusion and that looks...

Source(s): powerful 4 cylinder cars available: https://trimurl.im/i62/what-are-some-powerful-4-cy...

a 4 cylinder isnt always that weak bc my friend has a dodge caliber and i have a 4 cylinder in it and it can fly and he is getting about 26 to 32 mpg (depends on how he drives) and i have a 68 vw bug and it has an H4 engine and it can out do any v6 any day, and i get about 25 to 30 mpg also, plus cars with a v6 are usually more to insure but its all up to you whether to get a 4 or 6 cylinder car

If you're looking for a mid-size American sedan, you're looking at the Ford Fusion, Chevrolet Malibu, Buick Lacrosse or the Dodge Avenger. The Dodge has a 4 speed transmission and trust me, its tough getting to a hundred. The Malibu looks terrible and I've heard of some rattling in the dash after 3 years. The Fusion is a fairly well built car but the interior is cheap and is very plasticy. The Buick actually uses high quality material and the interior design is quite classy, but it is a Buick.

Source(s): personal opinion

My personal favorite is the Subaru Impreza, with a 2.2 and AWD, they got some power to them and at the same time are not gas sippers, they also look very awesome =).