Tdl-4 boot bot virus: reformat h.drive good enough to kill it?

i think thats what i have, and i cant even get to safe mode, but i can see my fujitsu recovery and utility,, and there is says i can erase drive,,, what is best method and what should i click to erase drive? I heard today that reformatting dont wipe drive clean, but hides information..... so what do i do i in the... show more i think thats what i have, and i cant even get to safe mode, but i can see my fujitsu recovery and utility,, and there is says i can erase drive,,, what is best method and what should i click to erase drive? I heard today that reformatting dont wipe drive clean, but hides information..... so what do i do i in the recovery utility, click hard disk date delete? its a fujitsu win7 64bit,,,,,,, i have a freeagent backup drive,,,, i just need to know how wipe hd well enough,,,