Electrical Problems in Rental House?

I rent a house in North Carolina. About 3 weeks ago there was a big lightening storm and lightening hit the house. The next day 3 electrical outlets started crackling and shooting sparks out of them. I took the plates off and the wires were burned and we had to turn the electricity off in 3 rooms (the one breaker... show more I rent a house in North Carolina. About 3 weeks ago there was a big lightening storm and lightening hit the house. The next day 3 electrical outlets started crackling and shooting sparks out of them. I took the plates off and the wires were burned and we had to turn the electricity off in 3 rooms (the one breaker controlled all of these rooms). The wires are copper and I read this adds to the danger. I called my landlord and he said the insurance company would come and look. They finally came last week (after 2 weeks) and told him to get an electrician in to survey the damage because he believed it to be a huge fire hazard. So here we are and still nothing has been repaired and I am afraid. I have no electricity in 3 rooms and the insurance adjuster admitted it was dangerous. In addition, I have 2 very small children so this scares me. How long does my landlord realistically have to deal with this problem? I read North Carolina rental laws, but that portion is vague. How long do I have to take action (if he is not going to fix it I need to move)? What can I do about this and how? Thanks for reading!
Update: I said it was copper wiring, I meant aluminum. I realized I had said the wrong thing in the post.