what do you call yourself, my LGBT friends?

i call myself the missing link in sexuality because i'm bi! think about it, what further proof is there that being gay is just as normal as being straight. that you can't change or help who you fall for, it just happens! you love who you love, people really need to get over it!

since there is bad juju towards the word bisexual and it also seems to sound so damn technical, i tell people that i'm a queer identified 4, though i'm wondering how to shorten it, its sort of a mouth full! the reason i say this is because it lets me explain just what it means and how sexuality isn't just right or wrong, black or white gay or straight. there is a lot of gray and that's a good thing! what do guys say? or where are ya'll on the Kinsey scale? do you ever have to explain yourself to people, if so what do you say to them? would love to know!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Gay.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Im totally for the Kinsey scale, it makes so much sense to me that the majority of people are Bisexual with very few being polarised. Its only our cultures that make the Bi's hide their desires from the world and themselves the sooner the worlds gets over the whole sexual orientation issue the better. I myself am a gay polerised at a number 6 which according to Kinsey is kind of rare. I even get a bit uncomfortable when women make a pass at me, but mainly because I don't want to hurt their feelings by turning them down, sometimes they can be a bit pushy though, so thats when I feel a kind of understanding for how all the 0's must feel when the same sex comes onto them, not that I want to punch them or anything, but Im just not a violent guy. So I know wikipeidia is not an accademic source but its got a pretty concise description of the kinsey scale for those of you out there who wonder what the hell we are talking about.

• I identify as bisexual. I always have and I always will. I do get some negativity sometimes because - a bit unusually - I'm married. People have suggested that because I got married that I was 'experimenting' before and that I've 'come out of my phase' - I didn't. I just happened to fall for a guy. It doesn't make me not bisexual anymore. My husband knows about my bisexuality and is cool with it. I honestly don't care what people say - I know who I am and that's all there is to it.

• 9 years ago

I consider myself a gender-queer bisexual. But currently so confused I'm not sure if I'm bi or a lesbian. It doesn't matter which though, because I'm still a person. :)

If I ever have to explain myself to people, I tell them that I'm a bisexual, but that doesn't mean I'm a slut, easy, or a ticket to a 3some. I'm simply someone who likes boys and girls (Girls more). As for gender-queer, I'm physically a girl, but mentally a boy and a girl. My boy side: Ethan and my girl side: Ethel.

<3

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I am pan sexual, but no one in my small town understands what that means. They ask if I'm bi, but I don't really like the label "bi" because so many girls claim they are nowadays for attention. I've started jokingly telling people I'm a half lesbian and even though they know what I mean, it lightens the mood and it has made more people accept me for me, because I'm not ashamed of who I am, and i can even joke about it.

• 9 years ago

Human being just about covers it.

If pressed, I use bisexual because I do find some women and some men attractive. And I include transfolk in that because I don't like slice-and-dicing human sexuality into smaller and smaller categories.

We're all souls in human bodies.

• Bella
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I'm pretty gay. I think some guys are hot but I just like girls more. I tell people I like girls and leave it at that. Girls are what I usually go for!

• 9 years ago

I call myself Brad

That's my name and I don't care who I fall for if I love them I love them if I'm sexual attracted to them then I'm sexually attracted to them

• 9 years ago

I call myself by my name and nicknames, personally. That's who I am. What gender I'm attracted to is not.

• 9 years ago

i call my self lesbian, i usually end up explaining my self to blokes as im quite a girly girl! i usually get them saying no your not don't lie or if you are prove it give me a show. i wish i look more typicaly lesbian so i didn't have to keep hearin this said to me!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.