What is the legal drinking limit in texas when driving with a child in the car?

I would like to know because a person I know does this in Texas and I'm wondering what could happen if pulled over by a cop

• Jeff R
    Favorite Answer

Even though the legal limit is .08, I would take you to jail for Public Drunkenness and Child Endangerment Charges with a Child in the car.

I'm a very lenient Officer, but that would drive me over the edge. There would be no excuse that could get you out of it.

Source(s): COP

It is .08, the same with no children, but the penalty for doing so would be a state jail felony and the punishment would be minimum of 180 days to max of 2 years with a penalty not to exceed $10,000. Don't do it.

0.00.

Any cop that pulls you over, and you have ANY amount of alcohol on your breath, and a child in the car.....

They'll pull you out of the vehicle, shoot you, and give the kid to foster care.

Tell them to be a better parent.

well the legal limit period is .08.

BUT!! if their driving with a kid, it should be 0.0......period