Do you agree with the Australian PM's view on immigrants?

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law, have been told to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard angered some Australian Muslims by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

"IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society. Learn the language!"

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

http://www.ftapeople.biz/forum/showthread.php?6342...

Best Answer

Well said her - 'we need her' as PM of this country - she'd sort the EU out once and for all - and everything else as per her statement(s).

Our politicians need to spend time with her - and 'learn' how to deal with immigration and all the bad baggage/attitudes that 'they' bring into the UK with them.!!

She's better than Sarkozy.!!

I have said it for years, and I have said it on here many times before, that Britain should be a bit more like Australia from the point of view on immigration. This could be a great country again if we adopted Gillird's attitude. I do actually support immigration, it's just the type and amount of immigration that I cannot support. Gilliard is right to want to protect her people from 'the wrong kind of immigrants' I support her view, I only wish our politicians had a spine and balls like she does! I would vote for her!

• Katty

This was said over 10 years ago by the PM - three PMs ago - someone keeps on bringing it up to create online arguments.

If it was soo right - why hasnt any other world leader gotten on the band wagon and said something similar in the past 10 years?

• Apparently the story is a spoof that has been going around on the internet for a while, Julia Gillard never made that speech.

There was another question on YA about it a year or so ago.

I agree that Immigrants if they want to live in Australia or any other countries should abide by the laws of that country be it speaking english etc

Perhaps her tone is a bit strong but I think she makes a good point, the onus for integration and compromise has to be on the immigrant, not the host country.

Quite so. And the same message goes to those whose jingoism separates them from the rest of British society. We are a mongrel nation - a nation of immigrants. 75% of us were born, or have a parent or grandparent born outside of the United Kingdom. If you would prefer to live in a society that doesn't value variety, go and live in Australia - but try not to listen to what the aboriginals think about white immigrants.

Totally agree. If only the UK's prime minister had the same common sense then maybe it wouldn't be the immigrant dumping ground that it is today.

Doesn't surprise me coming from Australia.

Source(s): me

Those words were never uttered by any Australian PM at any time. More made up racist rants directed at immigrants and all believed by brain dead Little Englanders.