Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

are americans in love with the health insurance that they currently have?

A lot of people oppose universal health care and prefer that the insurance companies reap major profits and drop us because they can.

Favorite Answer

I am currently satisfied with the insurance that I have and I support universal health care coverage.

I have not however had to test the limits of my health insurance coverage so I favor regulations that would prevent insurance companies from dropping people due to illness or charging them outrageous premium amounts for coverage.

And government would have the same choices to make or our debt will increase by numbers never seen before. You can't run the medical industry on what Medicare pays. All hospitals would be bankrupt.

Can you link any insurers to extreme profit? I'm talking about percentages not dollars.

A lot of americans have no idea what universal health care is all about, and dont know what their own insurance covers either. This is why we hire/elect people who should know these things, to do whats best for us. Obviously this doesnt work

In Canada they don't tell people no, ever. And now the massive immigration issues are making wait times take forever. Call me fickle but I love short wait times and thorough checkups that don't include eyeballing it or waiting months to get a scan.

Now for a REALISTIC view..

Insurance company profits are nowhere near what you people seem to think, they make about 2 cents on the dollar. That's really not the big, evil greedy bastards you people try to make them out to be.

Is getting rid of that really worth the lives of tens of thousands of Americans every year that we'd lose if we reduced ourselves to the level of treatment common in universal systems?

I wish I was still in the military - I had GREAT health insurance!

Mine is great, reasonable price and I get quality healthcare. I don't have the long waiting periods that govt run healthcare is notorious for, and I get to deal with real people. I hate dealing with the gov'ts "one size fits all" mentality. It doesn't work well in healthcare.

I know too many people who have socialized healthcare, <shudder>.

It would be more appropriate to ask if people enjoyed life now or had to buy yet another overpriced item, due to Federal requirement, or refuse and face Federal Fines.

People are living paycheck-to-paycheck now, how overcrowded will our jails be when those who can't afford to pay the government also can't afford to pay those fines?

Not to mention, our healthcare will be rationed.

Not the ones who are left out by a sorely broken system that the republicans seem to want to keep and to belay any progress Obama wants to make !!

I'm not... the prices I pay are JUST SILLY... I'm being gouged but since my company pays for part of it, the free market isn't a better opition.. .it's a HUGE mess...