Why did we get punished for (Original sin) what we didn't do?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Islam believes in original sin.

Is original sin there in islam? Yes!!

Sunni historian and commentator al-Tabari goes further and says that Allah made women stupid as a result of Eve’s sin!

According to Yunus- Ibn Wahb- Ibn Zayd (commenting on God's word: "And he whispered"): Satan whispered to Eve about the tree and succeeded in taking her to it; then he made it seem good to Adam. He continued. When Adam felt a need for her and called her, she said: No! unless you go there. When he went, she said again: No! unless you eat from this tree. He continued. They both ate from it, and their secret parts became apparent to them. He continued. Adam then went about in Paradise in flight. His Lord called out to him: Adam, is it from Me that you are fleeing? Adam replied: No, my Lord, but I feel shame before You. When God asked what had caused his trouble, he replied: Eve, my Lord. Whereupon God said: Now it is My obligation to make her bleed once every month, as she made this tree bleed. I ALSO MAKE HER STUPID, although I had created her intelligent (halimah), and must make her suffer pregnancy and birth with difficulty, although I made it easy for her to be pregnant and give birth.

Ibn Zayd said: Were it not for the affliction that affected Eve, the women of this world would not menstruate, AND THEY WOULD BE INTELLIGENT and, when pregnant, give birth easily. (The History of Al-Tabari: General Introduction and From the Creation to the Flood)

Thus, it because Eve the first woman sinned she was given the punishment of menstruation she was made stupid and would have difficult pregnancies and this punishment is given to all the women of the world as Ibn Zayd has commented.

Now why according to islam all women menstruate, are stupid and have difficult pregnancies? it's because of Eve the first woman who sinned and brought punishment on all women. Tabari points out to the original sin of Eve and gives an explanation as to why women menstruate are stupid and have difficult pregnancies and Ibn Zayd also confirms Tabari. Thus the original sin is every much there in islam but the followers want to be in denial of it.

Did allah forgive mankind of the original sin?

Tabari is clear that Eve wasn't forgiven but and that as true as Muslims believe that only Adam was forgiven of the original sin as muslims say "There is no Original sin in Islam, God forgave Adam for his Sin"

Not forgiving Eve while forgiving Adam shows who sexist and misogynistic the cult is.

I feel very sorry for Eve as in the quran it is allah who causes people to sin yet poor Eve was punished and so are all women.

Allah CAUSES people to sin:

quran 6:59: With Him are the keys of the unseen, the treasures that none knoweth but He. He knoweth whatever there is on the earth and in the sea. Not a leaf doth fall but with His knowledge: there is not a grain in the darkness (or depths) of the earth, nor anything fresh or dry (green or withered), but is (inscribed) in a record clear (to those who can read).

The above verse of the quran shows that all things happen with the will of allah. When a muslim commits a sin should he/she be punished? as allah already knew and willed it to happen and gave the knowledge and strength to perform that sin.

the Quran states that Allah actually raises wicked individuals to deceive and scheme:

quran S. 6:123 Even so have we placed in every city, ringleaders of its wicked ones, to scheme therein (liyamkuroo): but only against themselves shall they scheme (yamkuroona)! and they know it not.

And further ALLAH COMMANDS PEOPLE TO DO EVIL so that he can then have a REASON TO DESTROY THEM!

quran S. 17:16 And when We would destroy a township We send commandment to its folk who live at ease, AND AFTERWARD they commit abomination therein, and so the Word (of doom) hath effect for it, and we annihilate it with complete annihilation.

The islamic belief that

1.allah has willed everything (above quranic verse) to happen, yet the blame of sin goes to man.

2.allah creates wicked individuals to deceive and scheme so that they may lead others to hell

3.and also the ones who were made to deceive others, they as well end up in hell.

Poor Eve!!!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

I think some people get this out of proportion. We have the capacity to make mistakes and we do make them. It gets passed down the line of generations and through interactions in one way or another. As soon as that capacity arose, it started happening sometimes.

And that's what a sin is, a mistake. It's a bit heavy for me when it's kind of expressed as if it's some big human bogeyman to be afraid of. We learn mistakes. It's par for the course. The mistake would be to deny to ourselves that we make them and/or get locked into dwelling over them and self-blaming, or attributing our mistakes to someone else, or not being understanding when other people make mistakes and having a really negative attitude to them as a consequence.

It's more about honest self-reflection, and not getting swamped by something that's potentially around and in us and has been for a long time. i.e. can progressively move beyond the kinds of mistakes we make and not keep repeating them indefinately, even though there may be lots of challenges to engaging in this process in this way as we go along.

I've discussed this with one quite devout Christian recently and I would say holds a similar view to mine. I'd be interested in the Catholic perspect because I know they have procedures for dealing with it, but I don't really know how effective people find them and what effect it has on them.

What did we do? We started thinking IMO, that brings capacity for making mistakes, perceiving mistakes, and getting confused about it, and getting all tied up with them and perpetuatiing them.

But on the other hand it also brings opportunities for moving beyond that and understanding in a new way, that take us from innocence to a mature kind of innocence combined with understanding.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Romans 5:12 tells us that just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned. Since we are all descendants of Adam and Eve we inherited sin from them. Had they not sinned we would have inherited perfection from them but thanks to God's loving kindness as soon as they sinned God gave the first prophecy at Genesis 3:15 which describes how mankind will be reconciled to God and our Adamic sin would be paid for through Jesus.

Source(s): www.watchtower.org
  • 9 years ago

We did not for this original sin is another weapon in the Orthodox,religious armoury, and has been used very effectively for many generations, until education became a national requirement.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Only the fake christian denominations believe this idea of original sin. The Orthodox church doesn't.

A loving God, would not hold us accountable to something two people did thousands of years ago.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Original sin is intelligence and we, at least some of us, are being punished for being intelligent.

• 9 years ago

Only Western Christianity believe this and its Doctrine claimed by Paul.

Orthodox and many other Christian sects does not believe in this doctrine.

If Jesus (pbuh) and God Almighty never said it than its probably not true.

If you unsure ask youre self this a child just born; can you look at its face and say you are sinned or guilty? Common sense will tell you a child is Pure and sinless this is what Islam teaches this is why Many choose Islam BECAUSE IT MAKES SENSE

Explained by Original Sin - Dr. Laurence Brown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGPwDs2jZUw

Youtube thumbnail

He was Atheist from USA but became Muslim why? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gr54pYc3Ak

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): Islam
  • Ruby
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Who knows. I don't think it's fair but hey, since when are half the things Christians believe logical?

• someg
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

It's myth designed to combat a simple logical equation:

If you didn't do anything wrong = you don't need salvation = you don't need a god = don't need a church.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Original sin is just another 'christian' lie.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.