How can i get my 7monnth old puppy to stop chewing up EVERYTHING?

PLEASE READ! I have a 7 month old pit bull puppy. He's a sweet heart but he tears everything up. I've lost numerous shoes, sunglasses, reg glasses and clothers. Living with roomate it gets old fast when he tares up their things too. It needs to stop. Id like to try more toy but he doesn't play with the... show more PLEASE READ!
I have a 7 month old pit bull puppy. He's a sweet heart but he tears everything up. I've lost numerous shoes, sunglasses, reg glasses and clothers. Living with roomate it gets old fast when he tares up their things too. It needs to stop. Id like to try more toy but he doesn't play with the ones he has now. Also having 3 other dogs makes it hard to give him bones. He does it at night when nobody is awake so nobody can catch him in the act to punish him. Please help! Also he isn't nuetered yet. Will that help calm him down?
Update: I've tried to cage train him and I don't think it will be possible. He wines, yelps and barks. I've had the neighbors already complained about him with noises due to crate training.