Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Could this Drought have come at a worse time for Red States trying to ween themselves from the Federal Teat?

"The United States Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency has already provided over $75 million in assistance to ranchers nationwide, with most of it going to Florida, New Mexico and Texas. An additional $62 million in crop insurance indemnities have already been provided to help other producers..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/12/us/12drought.htm...

• Sam
    Favorite Answer

Yeah, right.

So --- where are the "teat" pictures?

Ca. is not a Red State. The Democrats have broken this State. They take all the Federal money they can get. The Democrat Legislature spends between 10 and 15 billion a year just on welfare to illegal aliens, yet have reduced funding to the public schools twice is less than a year. Ca. is now listed as the most business unfriendly State in the County. They have taxed and regulated more than one trillion in business revenue out of the State along with the jobs. The Democrats cut off the water to the Central Valley farmers here for a minnow that is not even indigenous to Ca. The farmers offered to pay for the system that would not allow this minnow to enter the irrigation pumps. The Democrats in Sacramento and Washington D.C. refused. It has cost Ca. over 60,000 farming jobs. The closure of most large family farms and an increase in food prices.

@Smart American_ If you are a smart american then why do you need Government Security? Farming is not easy and it is needed. You invest a lot and not sure if the weather will ruin your return. But someone has to do it. I would rather see a farm that worked all year and lost money due to weather receive money than a Liberal that did nothing all year.

I'm in SW Florida. It has been raining cats and dogs all day and the week before last it never stopped raining. We had a slow start to the rainy season, true. Do you think "red state" food is all consumed in the red states?

Source(s): At your e-mail: I do not own a farm. Or a ranch. I do have a few plants. Nothing you could smoke, so I'm sure you wouldn't be interested.

Crop insurance is just that, insurance. Premiums paid by the farmers.

I have a doctorate in divining, I'm cool.

• I VOTE

Yes its funny see them ask for a handout while trying to deny others money