Why does my dog always come to my room to sleep and follow me?

Before i used to think it was just because my bed was comfy but he always does it, i love it i think it's great, but im just wondering why? My brothers get jealous alot because he follows me around all the time, like if im sitting on the sofa he'll sit right beside me or sit in between my legs, if i move to the other side of the sofa he'll follow, if i sit on the floor he'll follow.

Most of the time he's in my room playing or beside me nearly all the time, and when we all go to sleep he always comes to my room to sleep in my room ALWAYS, like even if he's fast asleep in the living room as soon as i get up to go to my room he follows, even in the middle of the night i wake up and he's snuggling next to me, even when he was downstairs when i slept. I love it but im just wondering why he always follows and wants to sleep with me all the time, in a house where there are 5 other people to pick from?

Favorite Answer

If you feed, groom and or play with him the most then he will become attached to you. Dogs tend to pick one person they like more then the rest and want to be with that person always. Its a wonderful thing. Good Luck with your dog.

Most of the things people said were true but in your house your dog can sense who the Boss is and likes to stay safe near him/her. You might be the oldest or the most mature or the one who treats him the best and feeds, walks and plays with him. Dogs like to stay close to the Alfa which means the one he thinks is the Boss. My dog sleeps with my parents

He has become attached to you. It may be because you feed him his favorite food and others won't, or because he sees you as his protector. It may be because you spend the most time with him or is nicest to him. or all three.

Source(s): My dog follows me.

Dogs will choose a favorite. I seem to always be the one in my family that the dogs choose.

Aww he loves you. My dog does this with my dad and with my mom when he's not around he sees you probably as an alpha male.

You're the one that spends the most time with him and he trusts you. Consider yourself lucky..what a blessing!

Are you the one responsible for the feeding and the walking and the training????

If you do all those things, he sees you as "his protector", as his human.

Your his best friend!