Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 10 years ago

How is Electrical Engineering (Hons) + MBA ?

I wanna ask how is electrical eng (hons) + mba from Scotland is in terms of career, paying and JOB SECURITY ????

Also tell me if CA from Pakistan will have better prospects.. I am interested in both.. Thanks

4 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

An engineering degree and an MBA used to be all the rage 20yrs ago. Often times doing so would put yourself on the fast track to a managerial position in an engineering consultancy/firm, with good pay, job security, ect. Nowadays, this is not so much the case. MBAs are much more popular now, so it will be harder to get a managerial position (which is what you are really telling people you want if you get an MBA rather than a masters in engineering). Often times companies prefer to give managerial positions to people who have actually been engineers for at least 5+ years, went back to school, got an MBA, and now wants to be a manager. This is mainly because it is much harder to manage people working on something you have no experience with. They will be able to pull a fast one on you and you won't even know. Yes you have a degree in engineering, but you learn a lot about REAL life engineering when you are in your job. It is much different than college, and it takes time to adjust to. The engineering + MBA combination can be great, but I think engineering + plus a few years of experience working as an engineering + MBA will be much more favorable in the long run.

• 10 years ago

Good Combination, but complete CA from Pakistan, in Pakistan pays better. Job security is always more in public sector jobs what ever qualification you have.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

electric engineering is marked under primary because of the fact all industries have already succeeded in hiring the best engineers - leaving the school graduates no jobs. that's rather lots the comparable for different branches of engineer... yet once you do get fortunate and stumble on a reliable get entry to point civil engineering pastime, be arranged to relocate. choose for civil engineering. it particularly is totally exciting. I majored in mechanical yet i could've replaced to civil if it weren't too late.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Useless. Unless you are making your own engineering firm of contractors.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.