Which portable generator should I buy?

Looking to buy a generator to have on our property to run pumps etc. in case of a power outage. Any ideas on brand make and models would be appreciated. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Hi You can buy many sizes that cater for different conditions I have over many years had about 20 generators, maybe four or five different makes, they all had one thing in common they were fitted with reliable Honda.engines So get one with a Honda engine.

cheers

Bo a job

I have used several different Honda generators over 20 years. They are very reliable.

If I were going to buy a generator, I would buy a Honda or one with a Honda engine.

They are more expensive than cheap Chinese ones, or ones with Briggs & Stratton engines, but I would pay extra for the reliable Honda engine.

You won't go far wrong with Honda, just add up the kW rating of all the appliances and away you go.

It's unlikely that you will use every appliance at once so the "total" calculation will suffice.

If you are connecting into your distribution board I'd suggest you employ an electrican to fit appropriate isolators.

Not a clue without a lot more information. Ie load its to carry, how long to run without refuel,auto start capability etc. Portable goes from a few hundred Watts up to several dozen kW and trailer mounted and can be single or 3 phase.

• cloud

you should upload up the comprehensive wattage ate up by ability of your pumps and lighting fixtures. Then purchase a generator with a splash bit spare means. in case you seek 'transportable turbines united kingdom' you will get a brilliant determination of machines. in case you bypass over 'transportable' you will get commercial giants.