Travis asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

Does being sick make your hair grow faster?

I was told that being sick causes your hair to grow faster by a friend and he noticed that mine seems to be a bit longer after having the flu for a few days, is it really true?

• Favorite Answer

I wouldn't think so, since your body is using up all its energy to fight off the disease. It wouldn't have time to try and grow out your hair.

Actually, it does, I forget why but I watched this whole video in biology/health and when you're sick your hair does grow faster and so do your nails. I think the reason is partly because you're eating healthy food and all and the nutrients help your hair and nails grow faster. And another part is like .... damn I forgot, but is does.

Source(s): Health & Biology

Nope if anything slower.

Because your not getting the vitamins and veggies you need to grow your hair.

All your nutrients is being used to fight off bacteria.

• Jordan

lol being sick has nothing to do with ur hair growing faster.

Unfortunately not, I'd have Rapunzel hair at this point, because I'm sick all the time!

no lol u must be reall dumb if u think so