Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 8 years ago

Why do Muslims believe different things yet read one Quran?

I'm really confused. As Muslims there are shias, sunnis, wahabis e.t.c

I know Shia's beat themselves up because of their betrayal to Imam Hussain and them being cursed. Yesterday it was Shab e Barat and some people say we shouldn't follow it. They have proof for that and the people that follow it have proof for it being celebrated in prophet muhammed s.a.w's days.

I don't understand how that can be possible when we all believe that there is only one God, One Quran. I'm really confused.. This really frustrates me and then I kind of give up but this time I don't want to. I want to practise my religion. I want to be a better Muslim..

Can people please give me advice with the right info as well as I don't want to be mislead or left even more confused.

• Maddie
    Best Answer

The path of the people of the Sunnah and the Jama'ah (As-sunnah wal jamaah) is following the Prophet's Tradition BOTH inwardly and outwardly, and following the foot- steps of the early Muslims, both the Muhajirun (Emigrants) and the Ansar (Helpers), and following the Prophet's recommendation:

"Hold on to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly Guided Caliphs after me. Hold on to it firmly. And beware of heretical innovations (Bid'ah) because each heretical innovation (Bid'ah) is a falsehood and each false- hood is a deviation from the right path." (Reported by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi who said it is a good and sound hadith, and Ibn Majah)

The people of the Sunnah know that the most truthful words are Allah's Words over the words of all people, and they put the guidance of Muhammad (peace be upon him) ahead of the guidance of all people. Because of all this they are called the People of the Book and the Sunnah. They are called the People of the Community because community means unity and its opposite is disunity.

___

Shab e Barat celebration is one of the bid'ah

would nicely be crushed in the event that they do no longer carry on with their husbands=whilst they waste his funds, in no way does her interest around the domicile, continually argues, etc. crushed=harm yet no permenant injury is brought about and no bruises or something that intense. in case you bruise her or do something that truly does extra injury than pulling her hair is undesirable. mind: there are 2 muslim sects Shiet & Sunna Shiet=She's as sensible yet isn't meant for no longer difficulty-free artwork and her judgement is clouded via emotions Sunna=they are dumb the place did u study that they are in straight forward terms ungrateful? And interior the Hadith the earnings mentions alot approximately masking the hair. After the prophet died exceptionally lots all arab international locations spoke (and nonetheless do) talk arabic, the place did you get that hilariously dumb baseless certainty? The onyl country that treats women persons as 2d grade human beings is saudi arabia that's controlled via The Wahhabis, a sect from Sunni muslims that's seen radical via all the different Arab(and muslim international locations. ANd no the place interior the Quran does it say that wwomen are comparable to animals and that they are going ot hell. The Quran says that maximum persons of girls persons in hell are there for th reasons u stated, no longer that maximum persons of girls persons are going there because of the fact of that. i'm 17, an atheist. My mom's Russian, Dad's Arab and that they are the two muslims. we are taught with regard to the Quran advert that is interpertations considering the fact that Grade a million. inquire from me something you prefer approximately it. in case you have extra questions digital mail me at N-S-D-A-P-95@HOTMAIL.COM

You're referring to the 73 sects prophesied by Mohammad:-

Tafsir al Tirmidhi - Kitabul Eeman:

Abdullah bin Amarra relates that the Holy Prophet (SA) said ‘Surely things will happen to my people as happened earlier to Israelites, they will resemble each other like one shoe in a pair resembles the other to the extent that if anyone among the Israelites has openly committed adultery to his mother there will be some who will do this in my Ummah as well, verily the Israelites were divided into 72 sects but my people will be divided into 73 sects, all of them will be in the fire except one.' The companions asked. 'Who are they O Messenger of Allah,' Holy Prophet (pbuh) said. `They are those who will be like me and my companions.’

Now, would you like to deny the prophesy or call it a lie?

The differences between what people read into the words is what causes the difference and then, there are other things that are believed in that drive them farther apart.

You choose what you wish.

.

• Bhoot

بسم اللہ

In The Name Of اللہ GOD

Salam Bro/Sister,

Yes both sides have to present some proofs but at the end we've to check who has the most authentic proof (sayings of prophet Muhammad (SAW)) and in this case (shab e baraat) they don't have or very weak ahadith

Main reason is Just follow the Quran n Sunna (sahih) and don't think that you can never be wrong

as today I deleted my answer because I talk about a hadith and when I come to know that it is a weak one then I just removed my answer

this video explains you shab-e-baraat (100% pure innovation) better than reading all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhJZUckSx0w

Youtube thumbnail

@Edit

why we ppl are defining new meanings of above hadith. We all know that 4 Imams didn't fight each other but their fatawa or Fiqh clashed so many places b.coz they don't have all the knowledge collected in 1 place as today we've

they've to travel long distances to get learn/get only 1 hadith

so be truthful, and we must admit that even hanafi have different sect (in Pakistan) they are divided into 2 major sects, Deobandi and Brailvee and they mostly call each other kafir. Am I wrong?

as Hadith said we'll divide into 73 sects so don't blame others just look yourself where are you (including myself)

Brothers n Sisters invest your precious time and learn a good thing from this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncf2zvMHtZs

Youtube thumbnail

واللہ اعلم بالثواب

peace be upon you

i hate to do that or say any bad things about other sects in islam, but if you are interested in Islam as a pure religious practice then you should follow Sunnah. it is based on Qur'an and prophet's teaching. an d that is it!

shia's believes are a mixture of plitical religious and historical events and have many traditions that creates a lot of controversial problems in relation to islamic rules and believes.

the major problem with shia is that they create boundaries between you and god: see you have to pass by the blessing of imams and ayatollahs and i don't know who else

IN ISLAM THERE IS NOTHING BETWEEN YOU AND GOD!

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, 'My Ummah will get divided into 73 sects one of which will be in Paradise and 72 will be in the Fire.” It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they? He said, “Al-Jamaa’ah.”' Also in one Hadith he said, 'They are those people who will follow this path which I and my Sahaba follow today.' .... Only Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamaah (aka Sunnis) are following the true path, who are the majority of the Muslims.

All other sects are misguided, they were made many years after the death of the prophet (PBUH), and btw there is no sect called wahabi. It's a term made by the enemies. No one calls himself wahabi.

• ?

It is narrated on the authority of ‘Abdullaah ibn ‘Amr, may Allaah be pleased with him, that the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said that the Ummah will divide into seventy-three groups; all of them will enter Hell except one, namely, the one that follows the way of the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, and that of his companions, may Allaah be pleased with them. [At-Tirmithi]

Sister >> Stick to Quran

and Qurans says to

Follow sunnah (follow prophet, there no doubt about it)

Sunnah = sahih hadiths

Allaah obliged all Muslims to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet , and to implement all that was revealed. Allaah Says (what means):

{He who obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah ; but those who turn away - We have not sent you over them as a guardian.} [Quran 4:80]

{And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error.} [Quran 33:36]

Authentic Hadiths :

Imam Al-Bukhari :who was a rock in terms of his exceptional memory. He was also the world leader in the science of Hadith. He is followed by Imam Muslim . There are no weak Hadith in their collections by the grace of Allah. Thus the scholars examined every narration that reached them until the Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) became clear to all. You can avoid weak and spurious Ahadith by reading only the collections of Al-Bukhari and Muslim . You can also read the books of erudite and sagacious past and contemporary scholars, such as Riyaadus-Saaliheen, by An-Nawawi and the translated books of Sheikh Al-Albaani . Allah knows best.

Sunni are followers of Quran and sunnah >> this was the ONLY sect existed at the life time of Our prophet, any doubt ?

YES this was later divided into 4 major groups hanafi, shafi, maliki and hambali.

>>but they are all same, follow same basic principles. <<<

Sayings Of The Four Imams Regarding Following The Sunnah And Ignoring Their Views Contradictory To It :http://www.faithinallah.org/sayings-of-the-four-im...

shia >> i hope u know their clear betrayal

Wahabi = Undivided sunnis

they do not follow any paritcular sunni sect (among 4 mentioned above) but follow on the basis of Authenticity.

some of the people who are against wahabis :

- shias and hadith rejectors

-sunnies who are in misconception that we have to follow only one imam, no such thing existed at the time of prophet, its permissible to follow 1 imam only when u fear that u may fall into haraam in ignorance

- saints and grave worshipers < both go againts Quran.

- liberal muslims < there is no such thing again, u cant skip islamic obligation and call ur self 'liberal'

shab-e-barat: pls share the evidence they showed u.

no doubt the day have great importance but Our prophet did not celebrate it.

And also there are differnce in opinion of scholars:

eg: Majority says niqab is fard and others as its optinal

in these situations we must look at both the views and follow with what convince us

Difference in opinion should not create conflict, as long as you are arguing about something that is permissible to differ about. The companions, the righteous Salaf and leading Muslim scholars may Allaah have mercy upon them all differed amongst themselves, but they never let this cause them to be disunited.

The Quran is the single objective criterion in Islam, everyone believes in it, although there may be different interpretations of particulars, however it serves as the general objective standard.

Ahl al Sunnah (Sunnism) is the primordial form of Islam, the others formed as cults later on; Shiism and Khawarijism were cults of a political nature that evolved in religious ideologies for example.

follow the Quran and Sunnah .if non existent in the tradition of both may be made ​​by Muslims today

• Frank

Every religion has different sects. There are different ways of interpreting the holy writings. A book might talk about goats or fields, but it does not make clear what to do with cars and microprocessors, so there is room for interpretation.