Jehovah’s Witnesses, how can the faithful and discreet slave understand the bible any better that you can?

"Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book (Watchtower, July 1, 1973, p. 402).

As "The faithful and discreet slave" it claims that only its organization is capable of rightly understanding God's word.

But it also claims that it is not inspired and therefore apt to make errors.

"... Because it [Watch Tower Society] is not infallible and has never claimed to be, from time to time corrections are necessary." (Watchtower Oct 15, 1954, 638)

"Those who make up the one true Christian organization today do not have angelic revelations or divine inspiration" (Jehovah's Witnesses Proclaimers of God's Kingdom [1993], 708

What gives them any authority or ability as they are uninspired that "it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book"

if the men of the "Slave" have no "angelic revelations or divine inspiration" how could their bible understanding be any better that any other JW with a bit of bible reading experience?

How can they claim to be able to interpret the bible any better than any one else?

They are not even claiming the assistance of the Holy Spirit that Christ said would teach us.

John 14;26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Update:

@Superguy, ranting and not making any attempt to answer the question asked are against the rules of this site, not that it would bother you, but in future please try to act like a Christian and do the Christian thing, I understand by your non-attempt to address the question you have just ignored the rules but try to abide by them from now on OK. Thank you, God bless.

Update 2:

@halalujah, or is that hahahaha, the WBTS deny that they are inspired by the Holy Spirit or any angel, read the question, it is all there.

"Those who make up the one true Christian organization today do not have angelic revelations or divine inspiration" (Jehovah's Witnesses Proclaimers of God's Kingdom [1993], 708

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

http://www.jwfiles.com/

Did Jesus choose the “Faithful & Discreet Slave” of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society in 1919 as a pure and true organization? Lets examine their teachings in around that time period to see just what Jesus would have seen.

A. Predicted Armageddon in 1914 & 1918

1. Zion’s Wt, 1/15/1892, pg 1355, reprint...“battle” is definitely marked in Scripture as October,1914.

2. The Time is at Hand, 1908, pg 101,...the “battle of the great day of God Almighty” (Rev.16:14)which will end in A.D. 1914, with the complete overthrow of earth’s present rulership, is already commenced.

3. The Finished Mystery, 1917, pg 398, 399, 485,...the people who are the strength Of Christendom shall be cut off in the brief but terribly eventful period beginning in1918 A.D. A third part are “burned with fire in the mist of the city.” .....After 1918 the people supporting churchianity will cease to be its, supporters, be destroyed as adherents,... Also in the year 1918, when God destroys the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions....

B. Taught pyramidology and astrology.

1. See section III A & D

C. Used the sungod emblems and the masonic imagery.

1. See section III B & C

D. Did not use the name Jehovah on a regular basis for the first forty years.

E. Celebrated Christmas, New Years and Birthdays.

1. Jehovah’s Witnesses Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom, 1993, pg 200, Christmas

2. Zion’s Wt, Jan.1886, pg 817, reprint, “A Happy New Year”....

3. Jehovah’s Witnesses Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom, 1993, pg 201, Birthday

F. Saluted the Flag.

1. Wt, 5/15/1917, pg 6086, reprint,....everyone in America should take pleasure in displaying the American flag...Since the Bethal Home was established in one end of the Drawing Room there has been kept a small bust of Abraham Lincoln with two American flags displayed about the bust, This is deemed entirely proper.

G. Taught the White race was superior, and Blacks could change to White in the “New System”.

1. Zion’s Wt, 10/1/1900, pg 2706, reprintThough once as black as charcoal, the Rev. Mr. Draper is now white. His people say that his color was changed in answer to prayer.

2. Zion’s Wt, 7/15/1902, pg 3043, reprintWhile it is true that the white race exhibits some qualities of superiority over any other, we are to remember that there are wide differences in the same Caucasian (Semitic and Arvan) family...

3. Zion’s Wt, 2/15/1904, pg 3320, reprint How can all men be brought to perfection and which color of skin was the original? The answer is now provided. God can change the Ethiopian’s skin in his own due time.

4. The Golden Age,7/24/1929, pg 702, ...when Noah said, "Cursed be Canaan, a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren," he pictured the future of the Colored race.

• 9 years ago

Quiet simple.....When I ask someone who claim he is a christian What date Jesus gave his life for our sins....something that all JWs know by heart CAUSE THE FDS care to teach us that an many other things.....and that person says he doesn't know...or worse that information is not important....I know I am in front of someone who doesn't study the bible.

REMEMBER

Under the rule of Jesus Christ and his heavenly corulers, peace and happiness will prevail in all the earth. (Psalm 37:9-11) Those in God's memory will be resurrected and will enjoy perfect health. (Acts 24:15) By their faithfulness to God, obedient mankind will be granted what our original parents lost—everlasting life in human perfection on a paradise earth.—Revelation 21:3, 4.

In the Bible book of Isaiah, we get a preview of what life will be like in the Paradise earth. No inhabitant of Paradise will say, "I am sick." (Isaiah 33:24) Animals will pose no danger to man. (Isaiah 11:6-9) People will build beautiful homes and inhabit them and will plant crops and eat to satisfaction. (Isaiah 65:21-25) Moreover, God "will actually swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces."—Isaiah 25:8.

Bible Reading Schedule

From the article “Do You Allow God to Speak to You Every Day?”

DIRECTIONS. Fill in the dates that you plan to read each group of chapters listed. Check them off as you complete each section. You can read the Bible books in order or select topics based on the categories shown. If you read one set of chapters each day, you will have read the entire Bible in one year.

Read days marked with a RED diamond to gain a historical overview of God's dealings with the Israelites.

Read days marked with a BLUE dot to gain a chronological overview of the development of the Christian congregation.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20090801a/diagram_01.h...

If you don't want to read it cause you are tired .....you can download it in MP3 in different languages

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQZRQVNlVlYR

or in PDF

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQCsVrGlVlYR

• 9 years ago

because they are of the anointed and it is Jehovah's holy Spirit that aids them

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

(John 14:26) The holy spirit would thus act as a teacher and as a remembrancer. As a teacher, it would help Christians grasp things not previously understood. As a remembrancer, it would help them recall and apply correctly what had been explained.

Jesus himself taught his disciples many truths that were new to them. They still had much to learn, however. Jesus told the apostles: “I have many things yet to say to you, but you are not able to bear them at present. However, when that one arrives, the spirit of the truth, he will guide you into all the truth.” (John 16:12, 13) Jesus thus indicated that by means of holy spirit, deep spiritual things would be progressively revealed.

True Christian was founded by Jesus Christ himself.

Therefore, Jesus completely trusts his spirit-anointed followers. On the last night of his life on earth, Jesus made a promise to his 11 faithful apostles. “You are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials,” he told them, “and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the twelve tribes of Israel.” (Luke 22:28-30) The covenant that Jesus then made with the 11 will extend to all 144,000 anointed Christians. (Luke 12:32; Rev. 5:9, 10; 14:1) If he did not trust them, would Jesus make a covenant that meant sharing his Kingdom power with them?

Moreover, Jesus Christ has appointed the faithful and discreet slave “over all his belongings”—all Kingdom interests on earth. (Matt. 24:47) Included among these belongings are the facilities at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses, at branch offices in various lands, and at Assembly Halls and Kingdom Halls worldwide. Included too is the work of Kingdom-preaching and disciple-making. Would anyone assign someone he did not trust to keep and use his valuable things?

Shortly before he ascended to heaven, the resurrected Jesus appeared to his faithful disciples and made a promise to them, saying: “Look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Matt. 28:20) Has this promise proved reliable? Well, in the last 15 years, the number of congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide has grown from some 70,000 to over 100,000—an increase of over 40 percent. And what about the new disciples added? Nearly 4.5 million disciples were baptized in the last 15 years—an average of more than 800 a day. These spectacular increases are clear evidence that Christ is directing his anointed followers at their congregation meetings and is supporting them in their disciple-making work.

The faithful and discreet slave today is represented by the Governing Body, who take the lead and coordinate the Kingdom-preaching work throughout the earth. The members of the Governing Body are experienced, spirit-anointed elders. They in particular can be described as “those who are taking the lead” among us. (Heb. 13:7) In caring for over 7,000,000 Kingdom proclaimers worldwide in over 100,000 congregations, these anointed overseers have “plenty to do in the work of the Lord.” (1 Cor. 15:58) Listening to the slave class means giving our full cooperation to its Governing Body.

As individual Christians,the way we view the timely spiritual food that the faithful slave dispenses by means of Bible-based publications and through Christian gatherings, we gratefully partake of it and readily apply what we learn. Our response to organizational decisions made by the slave, we are willing to be obedient to the direction provided, which gives evidence of our faith in Jehovah’s arrangement.—Jas. 3:17.

The holy spirit does indeed play an important part in the lives of the other sheep. They symbolize their dedication to Jehovah by being baptized “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit.” (Matthew 28:19) They recognize Jehovah’s sovereignty, submit to Christ as their King and Redeemer, and yield to the action of God’s spirit, or active force, in their lives. Day by day, they make room in their lives for “the fruitage of the spirit,” namely “love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control.”—Galatians 5:22, 23.

The other sheep must also allow God’s Word and his holy spirit to purify, or sanctify, them. The anointed are already sanctified in a very special way, being declared righteous and holy as Christ’s bride. (John 17:17; 1 Corinthians 6:11; Ephesians 5:23-27)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.