Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 8 years ago

Military DD293 Form Status Check?

I submitted for DD293 in February11 to change attempt to upgrade my discharge code from a RE4 to something more...workable. I would love to re-enlist, am more than intelligent and fit enough, but I am worried that something happened to the form. How do I check he status of my mailed DD293?

Is it even possible? Practical?

Navy...

Best Answer

Which branch of service?

--------------------------------------

Alfred,

Let me guess...........you got that outrageously outdated crap from about.com?

-----------------------------------------

"I submitted for DD293 in February11 to change attempt to upgrade my discharge code from a RE4 to something more...workable."

Additional Details

Navy...

----------------------------------------

Your DD form 293 may have found its way to "file 13" as it has nothing to do with trying to change a RE code.

The DD form 293 is the form used to ask the NDRB about an upgrade in your type of discharge. The NDRB has no authority to change a RE code, that is part of the purview of the BCNR and requires a DD form 149.

NAVAL DISCHARGE REVIEW BOARD (NDRB)

4. Jurisdictional Limitations on the Authority for the Review of Discharges

a. The Board does not have the authority to:

(6) Change a reenlistment code

http://www.donhq.navy.mil/corb/ndrb/ndrbmainpage1....

Board for Correction of Naval Records

http://www.donhq.navy.mil/bcnr/bcnr.htm

What is your type of discharge and SPD code?

Unless the RE4 was given in error by your branch its not going to change. And when I say error I mean the person typing it up sneezed and hit 4 instead of, let's be generous and say 2.

• Alfred

RE-1- Eligible for reenlistment.

RE-1A- Eligible for reenlistment.

RE-2- Ineligible for reenlistment. Recommended for renlistment but ineligible because of status: Fleet Reservist Retired (except for transfer to TDRL), Commissioned Officer. Warrant 0fficer, Midshipman, Cadet.

RE-3A- Failure to meet area aptitude prerequisites. Fully qunlified for enlistment, provided mental criteria of table 2-1 are met. Alien.

RE-3B- Restricted assignment. Parenthood. Pregnancy.

RE-3C- Reenlistment authorized by CMC only. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Conscientious Objector.

RE-3D- Failure to meet disciplinary standards. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Demonstrated dependency or hardship not meetinq criteria specified in Bupersman article C-10308.

RE-3E- Failure to meet education prerequisites. Fully qualified for enlistment provided education criteria is met. Erroneous induction.

RE-3F- Erroneous enlistment.

RE-3G- Condition (not physical disability) interfering with performance of duty.

RE-3H- Hardship

RE-3K- Disenrolled Irom Naval Academy, not considered qualified for enlisted status.

RE-3M- Marriage.

RE-3N- Importance to national health, safety or interest.

RE-3P- Physical disability (includes discharge and transfer to TDRL). Obesity. Motion sickness. Disqualified for officer candidate training.

RE-3R- Rank reappointment restriction. Ineligible for reenlist unless waivered

RE-3R- Professional growth criteria. Ineligible for reenlist unless waivered

RE-3S- Sole surviving son.

RE-3T- Overweight

RE-3U- Minority

RE-4- Not recommended for reenlistment

Source(s): US Navy Vet

Bcnr Status