Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 9 years ago

Confederate flag in florida?

I grew up here in Florida all my life and grew up seeing confederate flags all the time and I just realized it, I know what it is but Im not sure if they are trying to be racist by doing it because some of my black friends get mad and I was just wondering if it was racist ?

Update:

Florida was a confederate state with slaves and the civil war was fought here to,show how much you know.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Derail
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Confederate flag has fallen victim to political correctness in just the last couple years. This is unfortunate. For generations the Confederate flag represented the independent attitude of the South and its heritage going back to the 1860s. It never represented racism. But the "political correctness" crowd now determines who will do what and assign the majority what they deem as proper. I hope the South continues to display their flag.

Political correctness means government re-education.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

considering the Civil war was illegal the Flag represents the Only true Flag of the south

it is saying we are southern Not Northern

People say that the Civil war was Over slavery Rubbish Lincoln only used Slavery as an excuse to ensure the British would Not help the south

I am a Black Man in Australia and i fly the Confederate flag Because i am a rebel and a Motorcyclist

am I a Racist No Way just a Black rebel

• connie
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I'm originally from upstate NY, now living in Oklahoma. I never gave it a thought until someone in my neighborhood displayed a Confederate flag. I found out that flying the Confederate flag in my neck of the woods is considered a racial slur and looked down upon, both by whites and African Americans.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Hate to say it, but this is one area where most african americans are ignorant. I myself fly a rebel flag, not out of intolerance, but out of pride in the south and what weve accomplished. A flag does not indicate racism, never has, never will

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

confederates werent just racists, they also had a different kind of govenment. some might have a confederate flag to be racist, or some might have it because they liked theyre kind of government and stuff better. it all depends who it is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.