Why do some songs not play on the Spotify mobile app?

I just got Spotify and signed up for the $10/month plan that includes the mobile access. I am somewhat disappointed, however, because the app has a terrible layout that makes it incredibly difficult to find music that you've saved (all you can do is add it to a playlist or create one). But what is most disappointing is that random songs will not play on the mobile app (iPhone at least) but they will play on the computer program. The songs will not be grayed out as unavailable and will appear to be completely accessible, but when you press to play one of these random songs, it will bring up the album picture and look like it's going to play, but never loads the song. Examples of this include "Everything in its Right Place" and "How to Disappear Completely" on Radiohead's Kid A album and "Frankly, Mr. Shankly" on The Smiths' The Queen is Dead album. Anyone having similar issues? Is this a programming issue on their part or is it simply unavailability for mobile play?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I discovered if you simply kill the app and restart it that it works fine. In case you don't know how to do this double click your home button quickly which will then show all of your open apps at the bottom of the screen then hold your finger on the app until the apps are wiggling and have the minus sign on the top left. simply click the minus sign and that app is now killed (not deleted) and then just reopen the app and it should work fine. Good luck.

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Get 100% Free Phone : http://FreeCellPhones.iukiy.com/?aVyQ
  • 4 years ago

Spotify Song Not Available

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.