Why are my blood glucose readings so high after dinner?

Okay, so my morning blood readings are almost always good, 80's and high 70's. After breakfast and lunch it's usually the same (testing 1-2 hours after the first bite), maybe 100-120 if I have a lot of carbs at lunch. But after dinner it will spike to like 160 or even a little higher (If I really over... show more Okay, so my morning blood readings are almost always good, 80's and high 70's. After breakfast and lunch it's usually the same (testing 1-2 hours after the first bite), maybe 100-120 if I have a lot of carbs at lunch. But after dinner it will spike to like 160 or even a little higher (If I really over eat and have ice cream and stuff). But then I'll test the next morning and it will be like 77. Could it be my liver? I think my liver isn't working properly at night because I have pains there. Perhaps it's releasing to much glucose or something.
Update: I used to drink a lot but haven't had a single drink in almost 2 years.