How do I wean my 12 month old from breastfeeding?

My son just turned one on the 14th of july, now im ready to start weaning him. He feeds about 2-3 times a day depending on his irritiability, as he has teeth coming in. Im verry confused on how too cut meals back. I was told supliment a meal with soy or whole milk, soo i tried with soy milk and he wont take it cold... show more My son just turned one on the 14th of july, now im ready to start weaning him. He feeds about 2-3 times a day depending on his irritiability, as he has teeth coming in. Im verry confused on how too cut meals back. I was told supliment a meal with soy or whole milk, soo i tried with soy milk and he wont take it cold or warm. im kind of afraid to try whole milk as his belly may get upset?? Also how do i help myself NOT to feel guilty for weaning him?? I feel sad becuase i feel he thinks im taking away his comfort?? Please help. My goal was to bf for a year, as thats what i was told was best, i made it to a year but im ready to have my boobs back to myself ....??
Update: I have tried expressing it and giving it in a sippy but once he knows its breastmilk he will not take it, like he knows thats not where its supposed to come from. also he does eat soild foods too, he has meals and snacks and stuff like a normal baby would at this age