Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 9 years ago

Is anyone who thinks Evan is strictly for boys familiar with Evan Rachel Wood?

Just curious!

Update:

haha. well maybe more of you should read up some on current people. evan rachel wood is a famous actress. there are other gorgeous actresses with non gender specific names.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah, I am familiar with Evan Rachel Wood. She WAS Marilyn Manson's girlfriend, and no, I see nothing wrong with using boy names on girls.

Evan is "unisex"

I have Shiloh on my list, and yes, for a girl...

-- Shiloh Elizabeth

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Sweetie, the fact some people have ignorant parents who gave them hilariously awful names for the wrong gender doesn't magically make them into good names.

Evan is a boys name. If it wasn't, why would that poor actress have to use her middle name too? Can you imagine having to go through life explaining that your name was "Evan Rachel"?

"there are other gorgeous actresses with non gender specific names."

So what? Their names are still awful.

• 9 years ago

Evan Rachel wood is a great actress, i do not like her name though

• 9 years ago

If she was called William Rachel Wood would it make William a "non gender specific?" name.

The parents of actress using a boy's name on a girl does not suddenly make it "non gender specific". I like unisex names, but Evan isn't one of them. I

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

you're right, but the name Evan Rachel Wood is better for boys

• 9 years ago

Yeah but so what? It just means she has a boys name.

If there was an actor named Rachel Evan Wood would that make you think Rachel was a boys name?

• So just because some actress has a masculine boys name, that suddenly means the name is unisex or a girls name? What a ridiculous excuse.

Evan - http://www.behindthename.com/name/evan - Masculine!!!!! Do you even know what masculine means?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Just because a famous woman has a masculine name doesn't mean a name should automatically be though of as a unisex name, I mean Cameron Diaz is a female... does that mean Cameron is now a feminine/unisex name? no, it doesn't, yet i struggle to understand why many people still do. I blame it on all the parents who named their little girls Aubrey and Madison...

• Kat
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I've heard of her, but that doesn't change the fact that Evan is a boys name. Just proves her mother was dumb in giving her a boys name.

• 9 years ago

No.

Evan is a boys name. Simple

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.