slashayer asked in HealthDental · 8 years ago

I need braces , cant afford it and insurance doesnt cover?

The doctor says its optional but i don'tt think it should be

my front teeth are both chipped and crooked , and the whole top isn't aligned straight and the bottom is just as screwed up

What can I do? It cost 5000 US dollars here and they say its cosmetic and they wont do it for free unless its an emergency . I don't think its fair that a metal lining for your mouth should cost so much.

I guess I just wait till I change to an insurance that has a slim chance of covering it if they think my mouth is real bad.

Im 15 and had screwed up teeth since i can remember myself and I just want to have perfect teeth like everyone else and be able to smile in pictures

Does anyone know any way to get them discounted or should i just wait and hope for a lot of luck

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

you can try going to an ortho that is on your insurance plan. other than that, there really isnt any other option, im sorry :( i felt the same way about myself. im 15 too and it didnt do anything for my self confidence to have messed up teeth. i hope everything works out for you :)

Source(s): experience
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

a lot of people are getting that stuff done in mexico because not only are they skilled but its cheaper

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

move to the UK, you'll fit in well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.