Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 10 years ago

What equipments are needed to start a youtube channel?

I want to make travelling videos in my town, can you give some specific examples of the equipment like which cameras are good(i can't afford too expensive ones), what software applications for video editing, any other stuff that needed?

thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

just about any camera you can find on the market that takes video will suit your needs. nowadays you can even get a basic compact digital camera and it will take fairly HQ videos for you, so your possibilities are pretty much endless. you can get a compact with HD or non HD and it will take good videos for you. although compacts are not recomended because they may not have high enough frame rates for quality videos(of course the ones with HD video probably have fairly good framerates), they are still a more than viable option. as for video cameras, pretty much anything will work except for the film ones. i recommend JVC or another large name brand. as for software, almost any video editing software will work unless you are trying to make professional videos in which case i recommend adobe premier although it costs $100 but there is a one month trial. on the brite side, im sure you can download a pirated version from piratebay . o r g(i urgently recommend against this,and am just stating it as an option) or another similar website but if you choose this option i recommend using it for a few months to test if you like it and if you do go through and actually buy a license to it, if you dont like it then delete it.

and a helpful tip: no matter how nice your camera/software is, you cant have a good video if you dont have good filming

Source(s): been filming youtube vids with my friends since 2004
  • 10 years ago

1- and most important: Creativity

2- camera: Could be pocket sized or smartphones(newest ones can capture 1080p)

3- video software: depends on your level of editing knowledge, can be a Pro level like Sony Vegas ($800) or starter like Roxio Creator 2011 ($100 i think).

Good Luck.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Minimum System Requirements

Processor: Intel / AMD compatible at 2500 MHz or higher

RAM: 1 GB or higher

Sound: Windows compatible sound card

Display: 32-bit color depth

CD recorder: for importing from CD

DVD recorder: for importing from DVD and creating Video DVD

Video capture device: required for capturing

Windows Media Player 11 or higher for WMV video playback

DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later

Administrative permissions for program installation and activation

Internet connection to activate

• 10 years ago

Go to the Youtube website, I am sure they can tell you there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.