Brenda asked in PetsFish · 8 years ago

what kind of water does my beta fish need?

tap water or distilled

Best Answer

Tap water, treated with a good dechlorinator. Leaving water for 24 hours will get chlorine out, but not heavy metals or chloramine. Most conditioners are perfectly effective and not at all harmful. Prime is the best one.

The water should be warm, NOT room temperature - use a heater to keep it at 80F.

Source(s): Fish lover Betta addict

You can also save yourself from the chemicals. Put out some tap water in an open top vessel for 24 hours. All the harmful gases will be released.

Some water conditioners claim to remove metals, but unless you know specifically how much metal is in the water, just how much counter-reagent do you need? These bottles are sent everywhere there is a pet store to buy them. Having worked in a lab in college, I can tell you some of the re-agents needed to get the metals out - unless fully spent in the process are more toxic than the metals.

So your best bet is to leave the fresh water out for 24 hours. If you pump some air in it .. so much the better.

You should use tap water that has a water conditioner in it. You can buy a water conditioner at just about any pet store. It inactivates the chlorine and helps the fish maintain a healthy barrier against disease.

Conditioned tap water to remove the chlorine. Not distilled water because there is no minerals in it whatsoever.

i've got in no way used something yet regular ol' faucet water. Then I upload incredibly of that stuff to get the chlorine out of the water. each beta i've got ever owned has lived a protracted finished life.

Tap water is fine, just make sure to treat it. Good Luck! (:

You can use dechlorinated tap water. I use stress coat as my dechlorinator.

tap water is should be room tempurture :)

Source(s): ive had many :)