Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

In 8 mile the 'Lily Smith' Emenim's sister or daughter?

I haven't seen the movie in YEARS and i decided to watch it today, and i always thought the little girl was his daughter bc he calls her 'baby' etc....but i noticed that she calls him by his first name....?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • SMITTY
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That is his sister."Lily" in the movie Their father was never around and mother wasn't really taking care of her, so Jimmy feels the responsibility to be a bit of a father to her. He actually attempts to take the role of father and mother His ex-girlfriend Janine gets pregnant with his kid but that's when he goes back to living at the trailer to save up money and pull things together.

He juggles all of these things while trying to make a better life for himself and Lily, by working at the plant. It isn't really until Freeworld jumps him infront of Lily that he stands up to them and goes to the shelter to battle, fearless.

Excellent movie. I had to comment even though it's been answered.

• meador
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Lily Smith

• seper
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Eloise Helena Violet Helena Ruby Helena Pearl Helena Belle Helena Jude Humphrey Elliot Humphrey Rowan Humphrey Favorites: Lily, Oliver, Iris, Miles, & Jude. Lily, Oliver, Iris, Miles, Eloise. ? {ag}

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

His sister. Though I see the confusion, as many ppl thought the film reminiscent of his personal life & actually thought she was his real-life daughter and on-screen daughter

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Lily is Jimmy's Sister, he just has a real close connection with her

• 9 years ago

It's his little sister.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

HeY i remember that movie! Yeah it was good

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

She's his sister.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.