Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

What does this Phrase mean as you understand it... "the Bible is filled with Hidden meanings?

Jesus Christ frequently showed that the OT contained deeper meanings that what was first apparent.

Why did these first have their beginnings with Moses, and all the prophets?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It says in Luke 24:27 "He(Jesus Christ) expounded to them in all the scripture the things concerning Himself."

He opened their understanding that they might comprehend the Scriptures....are powerful messages for us to see, hear and heed. Even Paul wrote that the Word of God is..."the mystery which hath been hid from the ages and from generation, but NOW is made manifest (Co 1:26)

BQ. Has there ever been a time where we have more access than now to see that which has been veiled... also, what kinds of symbolism is found in symbols such as Adam? Who is a symbol for Jesus Christ...?

What can you share for out mutual edification concerning some of those hidden and deeper things so we can all comprehend more?

Thanking you in advance, for even one single thing that has been unveiled to you by both the Word of God, or the Holy Spirit...

Is the Bible both symbolic and Historic and literal, I feel it is all three... for us to come into a LIVING and live able walk with our Lord, with Him by our sides? Your thoughts and answer appreciated.

Favorite Answer

The journey of man has been a coarse of many turns in the course of many words describing back to God, and this I speak by the way of the Bible mainly in the visible and invisible of words and there meanings of what all the mean. And we/they must speak, but do all have the same gift? And I say yes, but yet in the one Spirit of movement not all have come to play or pass until the Holy Spirit so gives its okay of the heart of matter of God’s plan and this only by spirit and truth at hand in times and epochs themselves and with union of the heavenly host of God intact as one begetting as time of truth in large to its Place.

“But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.” Daniel 12:4

So by these word, and also of Jesus words Matthew 24:, and saying it was finish at the cross but the end was not yet, but many our day believe we are not only in ‘knowledge that increase’ but literal that end.

For it is by fire this speaks of,

“Oh that there were one among you who would shut the gates, that you might not uselessly kindle fire on My altar! I am not pleased with you," (Malachi 1:10) http://nasb.scripturetext.com/malachi/1-1.htm

Christ Divides Men

“I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! 50“But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! ((28After this, Jesus, knowing that all things had already been accomplished, to fulfill the Scripture, said, “I am thirsty.” (John 19))

51“Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; 52for from now on five in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. 53“They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

54And He was also saying to the crowds, “When you see a cloud rising in the west, immediately you say, ‘A shower is coming,’ and so it turns out. 55“And when a south wind blowing, you say, ‘It will be a hot day,’ and it turns out. 56“You hypocrites! You know how to analyze the appearance of the earth and the sky, but why do you not analyze *this present time*?

For these words John 49-56 and Malachi are in them full of hidden meaning I say even I one who understands these alone will have found eternal truth!

57“And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right? 58“For while you are going with your opponent to appear before the magistrate, on way make an effort to settle with him, so that he may not drag you before the judge, and the judge turn you over to the officer, and the officer throw you into prison. 59“I say to you, you will not get out of there until you have paid the very last cent.”

http://nasb.scripturetext.com/john/19-1.htm

Lament over Jerusalem

37“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. 38“Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! 39“For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, ‘BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!’” Matthew 24:

And this hold true of our day, for they wanted a sign and no sign will be given!

.

Isaiah 52:15 Thus He will sprinkle many nations,

Kings will shut their mouths on account of Him;

For what had not been told them they will see,

And what they had not heard they will understand.

Source(s): How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? 15How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!” However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?” 17So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ http://nasb.scripturetext.com/romans/10.htm.

I find the bible so often 'hidden in plain view'. If I research a word, which

I really have to be led to do, since there are a lot of words, right?

Who is to know what do research? I have to be led into this, or

that has been my experience.

I'll give one example of my experience. For some reason, hidden

also from me, I looked up in the Greek, the meaning for 'repentance'.

I think it had to do with it being used as a noun and verb in the

same verse.

When I saw the Greek word, and then really looked at the

meaning of each part of the word, I was so uplifted and astounded,

that it was like a 'eureka' experience. Many words fit that.

Then when I researched the sower and the seed putting together

what I do know, I was again astounded. Space/time would not

permit documentation here. Also, there are some things best

found because it's far more precious that way.

This is a very good question. The Word of God is a language all its own. Even though to an English speaking person, the words in Scripture 'seem' to be English, but actually, they are a spiritual language, which uses our language to impart a spiritual truth, which is not apparent in the English.

for example. sheep, does not mean a four legged animal, in many verses. it means the children of God. see? wheat, corn, and other words, refer to the children of God.

goats refer to satans children.

a river means a nation of people. Egypt is called a river, in Scripture.

There is a foundation in the word, and until that foundation is right in the mind of a person, they will never be able to understand anything right in Scripture.

That foundation is : Jesus is the Son of God; not God himself.

Until people learn who Jesus really is, they will always get things wrong. This foundation must be right before anyone can build a right spiritual HOUSE.

See, House, means much more than a natural building. Back to the beginning. Scripture says Jesus is the beginning. But do you ever see anyone interpret Genesis one starting with Jesus? No, and that is why they have no idea what it is all about.

TREE, is very important in the Word. People think of an earthly, natural tree. It is not about that. TREE means a nation or kingdom.

Mountain also means a kingdom. All of these meanings are found in other verses. It is not left up to us to figure these things out. It has to be proven in some scripture.

Once a person learns the language of the Scripture, and have the Holy Ghost anointing to teach them, they will see that absolutely nothing the world now teaches concerning God and his Word, is right. Nothing. they have it all wrong, hence, these atheists. They are so carnal minded that they are dooming their own souls with their evil speaking against the Holy God, who is so far above us they cannot even begin to grasp it.

The word of God is very deep and wonderful. The deeper you go in it, there is always much more and it is always glorious to read it and find a new level.

For instance, God showed me in a vision experience, that God is actually a full kingdom made up of innumerable members, just as the human kingdom is.

God has revealed many, many deep and hidden truths to me. It would take books to explain it all. I have many deep messages written and on my web site of glorious things God showed me which I have never heard another person teach. They do not get into the hidden truth of God's word, so they just repeat other people's made up stuff.

Source(s): KJV truth

The Bible is filled with hidden meanings. Jesus revealed those meanings to the disciples, that's why they did miracles constantly in the name of Jesus. The Catholic Church came along and saw these things as heretical and witchcraft and they burned many people at the stake. Books of wisdom were burned and even cast out of the Bible at the 'choosing of the cannon,' those crooks. Now we have a tiny fraction of the wisdom. We're getting some stuff from Taoists, Jewish Kabbalists, quantum physicists and modern philosophers, but that doesn't cut it. The Vatican did keep some of the ancient wisdom in a library that's heavily guarded by an army. It's tyranny, but they might be protecting us from people who use the Holy Spirit in a malicious way, such as what Paul did to the people who kept back a portion of the offering or what Ezekiel did when children called him 'bald-head.'

RE:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It says in Luke 24:27 "He(Jesus Christ) expounded to them in all the scripture the things...

Source(s): phrase understand quot bible filled hidden meanings: https://trimurl.im/d1/what-does-this-phrase-mean-a...
  • ?

Books of the Bible were written by Jewish Mystics and therefore contained a hidden treasure map.

the hidden meaning??its fake ;3

I've always thought of the bible as being in 'layers', each unfolding for us in Gods time.

I think it's religious folk trying to to see past the initial blood, rape, murder, racism, sexism, homophobic, bronze age mythology. But then again, religious folk pick and choose the bible verses they want to believe in. "Love thy neighbour"? Yeah, sure! "Sacrifice your only son"? Uhhhmmm... Out of context!

Source(s): I'm a godless heathen. ^-^
    • Jake S6 years agoReport

...and ignorant of the world and scripture. How shallow.
      40 people over a period of 2000 years had an experience with a great intelligence and their consistent experiences were recorded in 66 books. The evidence so powerful, that I believe. I can defend anything in scripture.

I think in the bible, Aliens were mistaken for God.