Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Good price to sell my old computer?

Hi I'm thinking of selling my old computer. It works great.

Specs:

Microsoft Windows XP Version 2002

Service Pack 1

Compaq Presario

Intel(R)

Celaron(R) CPU 2.70 GHz

248 MB of RAM

What do you think would be a good price to sell this for?

Favorite Answer

that looks like a kid's computer that can used for paint, word, maybe some light browsing. I would say someone would buy that off of you (maybe a parent) for $75-$85 seeing that new CPU's can be bought for around $250-$300 now with dual core processors, 2 gb of ram and 250-500 gb hard drives

Desktop or laptop? Desktop $50-$75, laptop $100-$125. If desktop, are you including a monitor? If so add $25 for 17" if it's LCD. If it's a CRT (big huge heavy monitor) just hope someone will take it from you without trying to charge you.

Best bet would be to search craigslist.org in your area to see what your maket value is and then go from there. Also I'd recommend selling it there and only deal with someone locally or else most likely someone is trying to rip you off.

hi Gulabrao, U can sell ur comp in any of pc save. locate out in ur section which save excepts the previous computers. or U can sell directly to somebody who needs 2d hand pc. U gets greater money if u sell directly to somebody. ... M A n d A R ...

$115 - $165 for today's standards, IMHO.