Will smoking marijuana once have permanent effects?

My friend smokes it sometimes and he offered me some. I'm not sure if I want to try it, but I was wondering will it have permanent effects if it's smoked just once? Like, I heard it can alter your personality and stuff, will it do that if it's done once?

If I were to try it, the main reason would be so I could tell my friends who want to try it, "Don't, it's not worth it, trust me" or something like that.

Also, I've never touched a cigarette in my life, so I have no idea what its like to smoke...

• Miaka
    Favorite Answer

You would have to be very unlucky. While marijuana is not good for you it generally won't hurt you if you take a puff of it just once. Most of the issues come with chronic users. I have never tried it because I for one don't want to break the law and two I don't want to put anything harmful into my body even if doing it just once won't do much because I could be that one unlucky person that it actually does hurt just that one time.

Here you can just google harmful effects of weed and get info. This site is pretty accurate with my medical book so I'm going to give it to you.

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya....

Marijuana won't do much the first time. It has no permanent effects, but the more you smoke it the longer your body takes to recover. A lot of people smoke it once and think it's not all it's cracked up to be. It's when you smoke it the second or third time that you start to feel good from it. Almost everyone I know didn't like it the first time. But doing it to tell others not to is really hypocritical. The best reasons not to do it you'll find if you're sober around other people getting stoned. When people get high they are either really stupid or really boring. Try staying smoke free your entire life.

It could be argued that the only permanent effect that marijuana will have on you if you try it once will be the alteration of your perception of the things you will think about while using marijuana. The chemical pathways involved in marijuana use are more susceptible to long term effects after chronic use. Infrequent, low dosage use is mostly harmless and will not cause long term issues. If you wish to read up more on the effects of marijuana for accute, infrequent use i would recommend a Neuropsychopharmacology text book.

Source(s): graduate student of behavioral neurobiology

NO!! Unless you get mentally addicted to it. Even doing cocaine once won't do much to you. The problem is getting addicted. Even if you smoke it once every few days, nothing bad will happen. Just don't get addicted.

Cigarettes are much worse for you. Marijuana can be used as natural medicine.

• chad

1. NEVER smoke cigarettes. They are poisonous.

2. It won't hurt you to try it once in your life.

Absolutely not. Marijuana is as harmless as drinking a cup of coffee.Im sure long term its even less detrimental than coffee use. Theres so much misinformation on this plant it disgusts me. Your question is laughable. The answer simply is no. I feel stupid even answering this question.. is it true that if you pee in a girl she'll get pregnant? idk people told me its true and i dont wanna risk it :( How about just dont try it. god forbid you start to think for yourself and lose the bliss of your ignorance, thats been conditioned into you head by a scared and gullable society. im sorry but this question just makes me angry. its not your fault i guess. i blame propaganda and rediculous stoner culture movies and dumb **** like that. unreal.