Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 9 years ago

Child Endangerment Law differences in States?

Hi Everyone!

I live in Texas and share custody with my ex-husband, who lives in Kentucky.

Our 10 yr old daughter went to visit him for a week. When it was time to come back, he left her at the airport. (She was dropped off aprox. 6:30pm. Her flight was delayed until 11:30pm)

After several calls, he refused to come back to the airport.

I called the police. The Police, along with an AA Airline employee, helped calm down my daughter and made sure she at dinner and was properly supervised.

My ex-husband was later arrested for two outstanding warrants..

My question is this:

In Texas, this would be grounds for Child Endangerment. Is it the same in Kentucky? I cannot find any info on Child Endangerment Laws in Kentucky..

I am aware that charges might not stick but I, at least, want it on record.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Favorite Answer

In order to get the issue "on record" you would need to file a complaint in Kentucky which is difficult to do through Texas.

Only my opinion here but you SHOULD be able to get your attorney to obtain records of the police record showing they were dispatched to the airport on the complaint of your child being left unattended at the airport.

The main point is, you can amend the court order concerning visitation and especially with this kind of negligence on your ex's part. This would certainly be an easy task for your attorney!

Source(s): Police Officer +30 years
  • ?

Yes, it could be. Anything where a child is ever unsupervised and potential for injury exists.

I know in AZ and CA, child endangerment charges can be for simply taking your eyes off a kid a second, even. Pool deaths can be Felonies on the part of the parents. I know a guy whose son rolled off the bed. He got 4 years for: "shaken baby syndrome" (broken blood vessels in the eye often are mistaken for this by forensics.)

I think the charges will stick. The political clime now is: No "terrorists", no pediphiles, no rapists, and no C.E. They make for a lot of press.

Source(s): Experience; Arizona "Daily Star"; Lawyers.

I used to transport my son by air, the airline would take responsibility from me until he was handed over to his mother. If you husband did this, it should not be endangerment.

Now if he just dropped her off to be on her own, that's bad.

• sandie

our neice has visitation for six weeks in the summer. kid must travel from nc to okc. mom flies to nc, flies back with the kid. return, she flies with the kid and must lurk in the airports until she can return. the child is younger. age of 12 for leaving kid on own in oregon.

• cellar

it is basically referred to as a different element. indexed right here are the Kentucky statutes that it would seem to me he's accountable of: actual Abuse citation: Rev. Stat. § six hundred.020 Abused or ignored toddler skill a toddler whose wellness or welfare is harmed or threatened with harm while his or her be certain, mum or dad, or different guy or woman exercising custodial administration or supervision: Inflicts or facilitates to be inflicted upon the toddler actual or emotional harm by skill of different than unintentional skill Creates or facilitates to be created a threat of exact or emotional harm to the toddler by skill of different than unintentional skill ignore citation: Rev. Stat. § six hundred.020 The term abused or ignored toddler consists of a toddler whose wellness or welfare is harmed or threatened with harm while his or her be certain, mum or dad, or different guy or woman exercising custodial administration or supervision: Engages in a development of habit that renders the be certain incapable of looking after the on the spot and ongoing desires of the toddler, including, yet not constrained to, parental disability by way of alcohol and different drug abuse consistently or many times fails or refuses to furnish necessary parental care and secure practices for the toddler, pondering the age of the toddler does not furnish the toddler with sufficient care, supervision, foodstuff, clothing, look after, training, or medical care necessary for the toddler's nicely being Emotional Abuse citation: Rev. Stat. § six hundred.020 Emotional harm skill an harm to the psychological or psychological potential or emotional stability of a toddler as evidenced by skill of a significant and observable impairment in the toddler's skill to function interior a classic selection of overall performance and behaviour with due regard to his or her age, progression, subculture, and atmosphere, as testified to by skill of a qualified psychological wellness expert. Abandonment citation: Rev. Stat. § six hundred.020 The term abused or ignored toddler consists of a toddler whose wellness or welfare is harmed or threatened with harm while his or her be certain, mum or dad, or different guy or woman exercising custodial administration or supervision abandons the toddler. ************* i'm not a criminal expert, I basically understand a thank you to look up rules. And by skill of ways...it would be time to take those police comments and the info that your ex exchange into arrested on 2 astonishing warrants and get his visitation decreased to SUPERVISED visitation on your city.