Anonymous

How come Americans don't say "bye" before they hang up on the phone, they just hang up without saying bye?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

You mean some americans? I mean all of my friends usually say "see ya" or "k bye" when we/they hang up. And please don't put all americans in the same category. Anyway, if I REALLY wanted to not say bye, it would be because its kinda corny. It's hard to explain.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

We do well some of us do most americans say bye or i love you when they hang up the person you talked to must not like to say goodbye?

Source(s): my mind
  • 8 years ago

Really ? Hmm, well I've never met someone who didn't say "see ya" "talk to you later" or "bye".

You must have talked to some weird Americans.

• 8 years ago

it must just be those people everyone i know or met or talked to on the phone has and always said bye

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I don't know where you got that from, but here, in america, about 90% of the time we say bye . Of course there are those who don't, but it all depends on where you're from/how you were raised etc..

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

...well I beleive you just talked to a really dumb American. No, we say goodbye...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

because we don't like australians, they eat live kangaroos!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.