Anonymous

How come Americans don't say "bye" before they hang up on the phone, they just hang up without saying bye?

Best Answer

You mean some americans? I mean all of my friends usually say "see ya" or "k bye" when we/they hang up. And please don't put all americans in the same category. Anyway, if I REALLY wanted to not say bye, it would be because its kinda corny. It's hard to explain.

We do well some of us do most americans say bye or i love you when they hang up the person you talked to must not like to say goodbye?

Source(s): my mind

Really ? Hmm, well I've never met someone who didn't say "see ya" "talk to you later" or "bye".

You must have talked to some weird Americans.

it must just be those people everyone i know or met or talked to on the phone has and always said bye

I don't know where you got that from, but here, in america, about 90% of the time we say bye . Of course there are those who don't, but it all depends on where you're from/how you were raised etc..

...well I beleive you just talked to a really dumb American. No, we say goodbye...

because we don't like australians, they eat live kangaroos!