Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 years ago

Best friend leaving soon, what should I do at the airport?

So here's the deal. My best friend i've ever had who lives accross the country came down to visit and we spent the time together, and now shes leaving. I'm getting up at 5 am and driving 3 hours, then waiting an hour at the airport for her to get on her flight and go.

I really love her, I'm not sure if I love her as a best friend or as someone I'd want to be with, but I know I love her and I might not see her again or a long time. I would love to kiss her as she leaves like all those perfect little movies, but were best friends and I just dont know if it would be a good idea. It could either make things 150x better or make them infinitely worse. A hug and a goodbye and an I love you would be the safe option, but i just cant decide what I should do..

She might not be into me like that, and i suck at reading people, what do you guys think? I never really come to Y!A for desperate advice like this, but this is a really fragile thing. And my friend brought it up; what if she kisses me on the cheek or something? How do i react to that?

Thanks, Jill Jacks! Best comment so far, I love people who think like you do.

Favorite Answer

Ah the unknown. It's such an amazing thing.

Ok, here's an out side view of it all. This person obviously cares about you, if they came to see you, and you've made it obvious how much you care about them. So now your mind is racing with 100 thoughts all at once. The "What ifs!" Well, here's some questions you need to ask yourself... Even if they were into the kiss, are they still leaving for good? Could you handle a long distance relationship? Are you ready to be that attached to someone who's just leaving? Or, what if they're not into it. And it ruins a perfectly healthy friendship. And it's awkward... And they keep even more of a distance then they already have. Then you start feeling rejected. A lot of people don't do things, and they don't take risks because they're scared of the out come. I say balls to the walls. If you think the risk is worth it, go for it. So many people settle because of the "questions" and the "unknown" that floats around in their head. Honestly deep down I think you know if they would be into it or not. Or you wouldn't be questioning things in the first place. Just be careful, and go with your heart, your gut, but don't forget your head either.

Sometimes taking a straight forward, yet light hearted fun approach to things help. that way it's not so serious and awkward. GOOD LUCK!

***You're welcome!! I just want you to think everything through before you do it. There's nothing wrong with thinking and looking into something that could seriously change your life (or someone you care about). I hope it turns out good for you whatever you decide. You sound like a really good person who actually cares. =)

Thats actually really hard to know the answer too.

Think about the times you've spent with her. Did it seem like she

wanted to be more then friends? I would say go for it and kiss her

you never know if it will be too late but then again if i was put into the situation

id like to be pretty sure that shed like me in that way before id say anything.

Best of luck to you though

• swaner

try this, and be certain you do. do no longer blow it off. tell her the way you sense, the reality. tell her you like her, possibly as a chum, possibly greater. you at the instant are not particular. tell her that its too quickly to inform suitable now yet in view that she's leaving there is not greater time to determine it out. And that even nonetheless you have yet to determine it out you will decide for to kiss her. If she doesnt suggestions. and probably the kiss might make you already know for particular. solid success.

I say give her a kiss on the cheek as you hug her goodbye. No harm done!

what's the worse that could happen? first give her a really strong sincere hug then ease into kissing her normally not anything intense. if she has a problem just say you couldn't help it bc you would miss her too much.

Initiate cunnilingus in the departure lounge. Afterwards, if she kisses you on the cheek, I'd say she likes you.

If shes your best friend and single... kiss on cheek.....She will be thinking about it the whole plane ride :)

If she came cros country to see you i would go for the kiss.

Please give her a nice kiss with memorable gifts like a flower and a finger ring or hair clip or at least a comb, etc. I think she will remember you many many days. Thanks and good luck.

Source(s): bikileaks

Go with your gut.