Should Gov funded Climate Researchers be required to make their data & algorithms internet accessible for free?

Update: ΩikΩσ - The principal is that since taxpayers pay for the research, they are entitled to see the data. d/dx - I'm with you on the national security issue - but the Government doesn't belong in the funding for private profitability R&D business. @pegminer - I say 'On the Internet' because data need only be... show more ΩikΩσ - The principal is that since taxpayers pay for the research, they are entitled to see the data.

d/dx - I'm with you on the national security issue - but the Government doesn't belong in the funding for private profitability R&D business.

@pegminer - I say 'On the Internet' because data need only be posted once & scientists need not spend ANY time answering FOIA requests. I say for free - because data tweaking scoundrels would simply price whatever data they wished private beyond the reach of the general public.

I consider it a waste of money if Taxpayers cannot access the data they have paid for.