How to do Self Leveling Cement job?

Would appreciate if you have experience using self-levelling cement. How much water should I mix with one bag (50 Ibs). Should I just flood the floor with the self-levelling concrete or apply it in several stages. This is for one room (170 sqft) and a hallway (50 sqft). The carpet and defective sub floor was... show more Would appreciate if you have experience using self-levelling cement. How much water should I mix with one bag (50 Ibs). Should I just flood the floor with the self-levelling concrete or apply it in several stages.

This is for one room (170 sqft) and a hallway (50 sqft). The carpet and defective sub floor was removed and the old concrete floor was very uneven. I have decrease the unevenness by topping up cement and want to apply self-levelling cement to prepare for laminate flooring.