Good snake/python to purchase?

I'm from western australia (14) and i am ready to purchase a snake.

I'm wondering however which snakes i can buy in WA as i know they can't be transported and have to be native. I would really like to have a bredli and i hope i can in WA.

Also are ball pythons or corn snakes legal in AUS?

What snake types are legal in WA and what do you recommend?

Favorite Answer

Do not listen to anyone who has answered this question. Australia only allows native species of snakes to be kept as pets. This is because of the kane toad outbreak the Australian government does not want another non native species in the country. But if you want a python there are many to choose from in australia. You can get a spotted python, childrens python, coastal carpet python, irian jaya carpet python, jungle carpet python, maklots python, scrub python, and olive pythons, But since you have not had any experience with snakes yet i would suggest not getting the maklots python, scrub python or the olive python.

Ball Python

Ball pythons and corn snakes are the best for beginners and I'm Pretty sure balls are legal in aug I really dint know about aug and laws and what's legal or what is illegal

Source(s): Ball python owner

I dont know the legalitys, thats for you to look up the laws of your country on your own. they should have those things easy to find. they are for America at least.

But, if theyre legal, i suggest a corn snake. theyre the tamest, easiest starter snake, and they come in a lot of color variations.

yeah dont listen to the people who said ball python, they obviously didnt read your questtion or dont know where the ball pythons come from. I'd say carpet python, they dont get huge and have nice temperments.