Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 9 years ago

Good first day of school outfit for a girl who wears a uniform (6th grade)?

Sooo I have to wear a uniform (BLAHHHH!) Help me figure out a first day of school outfit?

Here's the dresscode:

Clothing must not be ripped, torn, patched, frayed, or otherwise visibly damaged or altered.

Clothing must fit properly, not be excessively baggy, too short, too tight, or too revealing. Slacks, shorts, skirts, etc. must be worn above hip level and pants may not drag the ground.

Undergarments must not be visible.

If students choose to wear undershirts, they must be white, and must remain tucked in at all times.

Earrings may be worn only by girls.

Belts or scarves must not be worn around the waist.

Scarves must not be worn as belts.

Hair must be clean and neatly groomed. It may not be extreme in style or color.

Extremely unnatural hair color or streaking, or any hairstyle deemed extreme or distracting is not permitted.

Hats, caps, or other head coverings are not permitted indoors.

Shoes must be worn at all times. Closed-toed shoes, leather sandals with no thong (lol) between the toes, athletic shoes, clogs, crocs, flats, and sandals with nothing in between the toes are permitted.

Clothing:

Shirts

Style: collared polo/golf, turtleneck, or shirt/blouse with collar (straight, button-down, or

rounded)

Color: Plain white, plain navy, dark hunter green, light blue, or yellow

The only layering permitted will have white as the undergarment color.

All shirttails should be tucked in unless the style calls for the top to be untucked. Slacks/Skirts/Shorts/Skorts

Style: Skirts, skorts, and shorts all must be no more than 3” above the top of the

knee.

Color: Navy, khaki tan, or plaid- (leather, denim material, and athletic wear are

not acceptable)

Belts should be worn if there are loops.

Outerwear (worn over dress code appropriate shirts during the day)

Style: Fleece jackets, pullover sweaters or sweatshirts (with no team names, slogans, or messages

other than the names of Heathwood or other learning institutions), cardigan sweaters

Colors: Navy blue, gray, white, black, dark forest green or any item with Heathwood logo

purchased from Plaid Peddler

White, black, or navy socks, tights, or leggings (worn under dress code length skirts only) are

the only acceptable options.

During the colder winter months coats, hats, and scarves that are not in compliance with the dress

code may be worn to and from school and during recess only. At all other times they must remain in lockers during the school day.

*WHEW*

glad we got over with THAT!

I was thinking about going for a Bright Colors theme this year...like, I don't wear black or white, I wear bold colors (Hot pink, royal purple, electric blue, lime green, etc.)

SOOO make me a back to school outfit with the above exceptions!

thanks SO much!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Dear Jesus. That's one flipping strict dress code :\ I feel bad for youu... I dont have a dress code. Im going into 7th grade btw. But anyway, if I were you I would wanna wear those bright colors too, but it seems like you can't /: only white navy hunter green light blue or yellow. I would wear a light blue polo with a white cami layered underneath and a pleated navy skirt and then a pretty navy cardigan with white tights or without tights. This will give you a kind of preppy-chic look I guess? But it doesn't really matter what you wear because all of you will basically look the same. No offense. Instead of using your clothes to stand out, use ur personality. Ok now I'm just getting off topic ;) but enjoy my little rant and sorry for my crappy answer but there's the help I'm giving youu.... Good luck (:

• 9 years ago

What the F**k that is so old school. At my school as long as the school crest is showing then you can wear what ever you want.

• 9 years ago

hi, :) guess what hun, to be on Y/A you gotta be 13, so either delete this question yourself, or imma have to report your account, and i could pottentially have it delted. (:

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Wow your school is S-T-R-I-C-T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.