PLENTY OF FISH DATING SITE...SCAM?

My friend has a POF account and started talking to a guy she found on there on Thursday of last week. He is from Australia, lives in California and is moving to Pittsburgh, PA at the end of August. He is in Australia right now visiting his family. He has a 5 year old daughter from a previous relationship. He says he is an owner of a construction company and makes $250,000 a year. Over the weekend she talked to him on the phone and it turned out that her cell phone bill from the calls totalled to almost $700. He says he will pay for it.... Monday she called me to tell me that they are engaged and getting married October 8, 2011. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am extremely skeptical of this, very worried for her, she doesn't want to hear any of it, she says she is IN LOVE and that he is sent from God. I can't believe this is happening!

I went on scamwarners.com and found similar stories and tried telling her to look at it, but she wont have it. I can't let this happen.

What do i do??

Is there anyway I can find out who this guy really is and help her?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I don't think POF--the site-- is a scam. BUT people can scan others..

I'm sorry that your friend got all caught up in all of this. Is she of legal age to get married? If not, please let her parents know.

If she is of legal age, well there's nothing you can really do about it. You can still be friends with her, but make SURE that you don't approve of her decision to MARRY someone before she's even met them.

Most of those are scams.