At John 12:49 we read: because I have not spoken out of my own impulse, but the Father himself who sent me?

has given me a commandment as to what to tell and what to speak.

How do you explain Jesus' words when he says he has not spoken out of his own impulse and it was his Father who sent him?

And what about what Jesus said at John 15:10 where Jesus says: If YOU observe my commandments, YOU will remain in my love, just as I have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.

If Jesus is God whose commandments does the Almighty God observe?

Right on Linda!

Elijah, you summed it up in a nut shell even though there is thousands of scriptures that show Jesus is not God those that believe in this pagan Trinity are blinded by Satan(2 Corinthians 4:4).

ISN'T IT FUNNY THAT THE DIE HARD TRINITARIAN BELIEVERS IGNORE QUESTION WHERE THEIR FALSE BELIEF IS EXPOSED BY SCRIPTURAL PROOF?

• Elijah
    Favorite Answer

John 12:49 and John 15:10 are not rare instances. (See also: John 5:19, John 7:16 and John 5:30.)

Yes, the Son *was* given specific instruction about what to teach. And not only that, but it was *God* who did this:

"For from God I came forth and am here. Neither have I come of my own initiative at all, but that One sent me forth." (John 8:42)

Jesus cannot be God because of this and also because God is clearly a separate, distinct person from Jesus.

Some Jesus-is-God believers may argue that Jesus said these things because he was only a man when he said them. But even after Jesus went to heaven he was described as having a subordinate role to God:

"But I want YOU to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the HEAD OF CHRIST IS GOD." (1 Cor. 11:3)

Many who believe that Jesus is God or in the Trinity rely on a few selected, so-called 'proof-texts'. However, if one carefully examines the Bible, they will see that all of these instances are not consistent with teaching of the entire Bible and that the Bible clearly shows that Jesus is not God in hundreds of different ways.

What About Trinity "Proof Texts"?

http://www.watchtower.org/e/ti/article_08.htm

Questions For Those Who Believe in the Trinity

http://searchforbibletruths.blogspot.com/2010/03/q...

• Linda

Jesus said repeatedly that he was not God. Why so many people call him a liar, i don't understand.

Source(s): a bible student