Florida weather? Sunshine and rain.?

I'm going to Sanibel Florida for 2 weeks at the end of August-beginning of September. I was just wondering about the weather. Is it sunny all day everyday? Or mostly stormy and rainy?

Any helpful answers are welcome!

• Shorty
    Favorite Answer

I live in Tampa - about 2 hours north of Sanibel. In the summer time in Florida, you can usually count on rain between anytime between 2-6pm in the afternoon. However, some areas might not get rain at all, but yet it will rain across the street!

However, once you are out of that time frame, it is not very common for evening rain. I mean, it does happen every now and then though!

But, the summer IS the rainy season for Florida. We get most of our rain during these months!

Currently it is 1:35pm and it is overcast. When I woke up it was nice and sunny. Usually when my fiancee get home around 6pm it is sunny again. :)

• you will be in south florida during our rainy season.

That means it rains every day.

Now that doesn't mean that it rains all day or that it rains every where.

You can count on a shower between 2 and 5 and then another around 7.

It can rain on one side of the road and not the other.

Also, the rain won't last more than 5 or 10 minutes. Just enough for things to get steamy.

Make your beach plans for the mornings and your inside plans for the late afternoon.

Source(s): resident since 1992

= Hi,

Check the link below for a weather overview of Orlando.

The other link shows the Disney World Crowd levels (I'm assuming your going to Disney...)

Have fun!