Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 years ago

Have you ever met a sociopath/psychopath/malignant narcissist?

Share story?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Misty
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

An ex-friend. She is a sociopath, but not a narcissist. Too long and disturbing a story to tell, but my eyes were opened.

And several more. I used to work at a company with about 300 women, so plenty of narcissists there. And some Borderline Personality Disorders. Backstabbers, troublemakers.

And a couple of ex-boyfriends. Psychopaths. Charming, but then I found out too late.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Heck yes. I did some volunteer work at two homeless shelters for three years. Full of sociopaths/psychopaths all over the place.

• 9 years ago

Too many to count. Worse yet, I have to be far more vigilant than the average person since I'm a freelancer and encountering psychopaths and sociopaths can affect me on more than just a social level.

I even wrote about the subject this morning: http://www.johnbreese.net/a-sabretooth-hunters-gui...

My top strategy to avoid this type of person - observe them in conversation. If they talk three times more than they listen or constantly pull the conversation back to themselves...avoid like the plague.

• I'm a trainee mental health nurse so I have met all three. Stories of real people like that will not be as entertaining as you think. For psychopaths for example they do not go around killing people, they just can't comprehend feeling. They are not all axe murderers. In fact most do very well in Business as they have no problem firing people as they don't feel guilt. Don't get your hopes up to high, real stories very rarely have a grizzly end......Unless you're watching a movie.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Sure - nothing to share - they are what they seem to be. About like encountering a small hazmat spill. Nothing for it but to keep your distance and get clear as soon as practical.

• 9 years ago

Haha

Actually, yeah. Every Sunday, Monday, and sometimes Friday.

Source(s): I'm tech at a mental Hospital/Drug & Alcohol rehabilitation clinic yay
  • 9 years ago

Yes they are called hu mans. We are all sick in all these areas unfortunately (in varying degrees-of course) but as enlightened ones we must seek to help the less fortunate & all grow together in love.

• RN
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Yes, I've got someone with those traits right in my family.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I have never met him, but Obama is one. Lots of liberals have those traits.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

some people think i am all of the above.

hi, my name is chris

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.