promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

There's a islama family near me who flies a confederate flag?

they are white and i know they are muslins because they said so, they have a quran in their cars and they dress like it. my question is, why are they flying a confederate flag?

Update:

im in southern NJ

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A secret club, maybe?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

I don't know where you are but there a lot of "white" muslims in Texas that have the confederate flags flying outside their houses and cars. Just because they are muslim doesn't mean they don't want the "south to rise again"

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You didn't say what part of the Country you are in, but I don't find this too peculiar. They support political rebelliousness, so why not extend that attitude to God as well? Or it may be that because 9-11 was an attack on a northern city, they feel an affinity for those good folks from the Middle East who did it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Take away slavery and really, what the Confederacy was fighting for was right by all means. They were opposing a potentially oppressive government.

The CONGRESS of the government was oppressive, not the president. Abe Lincoln was a fine man pitted with the toughest situation of any president. Not only did he have to work himself to death to keep the country united, he had to do this while working and compromising with the oppressive CONGRESS of that time era.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

You haven't quite grasped the distinction between religion and nationalism, have you?

• 9 years ago

Dukes of Hazard fans I would imagine :)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Why wouldn't they? I'm sure there are Muslim rednecks, too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.