stopping giving milk at hospital !!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

ive just been informed that on 1st july 2011 in uk

hospital no longer offer baby milk, you have to bring your own or breast feed

how u gunna sterile bottle??

its just a way to make you breast feed...what if you dont want to or carnt.???

this is an outrage

what do you think???????

sherly oaks - f***k you **** who says we are all free loaders - i cudnt nurse due to health issues, me and my husband work full time so **** you if you think i free load you s**g

prosper - eat s***t

just to add so you all stop sending me bad emails.

* its outragious in my opion

* pple or dont or carnt breast feed does make them bad parents

• Z
    Favorite Answer

If you can't nurse, they will certainly have emergency stocks of formula, or you can just bring your own. You can buy or pay for those readymix throw away bottles of formula hospitals use on your own, if you're worried about having clean bottles.

If you don't want to nurse, why should the hospital go out of their way to provide you with something your own government, and all major medical organizations, recognize is artificial and inferior when compared to breast? Shall they start providing cigarettes for patients who don't want to breathe well? Salted dinners for heart or kidney patients that don't want to follow a low sodium diet?

That has been the way in my area for a long time. Formula is not provided unless you try but fail to breast feed. It is a cost cutting exercise for the NHS, but in my opinion if they are putting their money to better use else where I think that is far more important. I can't see how it really hurts to carry a can of formula or some cartons or ready made with you to the hospital if you know you are planning on bottle feeding. This way you can give your baby your formula of choice instead of what the hospital choose.

They will still provide you with all the equipment you need to make a milk bottle up safely, including a clean area, sterilising equipment and hot water. As well as support to show you how to make up a feed safely.

If you try to breast feed and are unable to then they will supply you with formula until you are able to get your own. If you Choose not to breast feed then I do not consider it outrageous to supply your own formula.

No woman can be forced to breast feed, but yes this is probably a government plan to try and encourage more mothers to breast feed (at the end of the day there is no argument that breast is best).

(I formula fed my child, but do not find this outrageous)

• Sian

It is a two-fold initiative, firstly to encourage mothers to breast feed. Breast feeding rates in the UK are appallingly low.

Secondly its a huge drain on NHS resources to buy and supply this milk.

If you choose not to breast feed, there will be sterilisers in your maternity ward (or should be) so that you can sterilise your bottles.

Only about 2% of women are physically unable to breastfeed, most give up because they do not receive proper support or get enough rest. This is a shame as breastfeeding is not only free and incredibly convenient, its the best health option for your baby. Formula milk doesnt begin to compare and isnt even manufactured under sterile conditions.

Anything that increases breastfeeding rates in this country has to be a good idea.

Source(s): Mum of 4 and NHS employee.
  • Seems pretty standard to me- hospitals in Australia have operated that way for a while now.

There will still be formula there, it will just be a case of if you want to formula feed from birth you will have to pay for it. They NEED to have formula available for emergencies where for some reason or another the mother can't breastfeed.

It's YOUR child, YOU should be the one who provides it's food, NOT the hospital!

• egbe

in case you pick to formula feed the scientific institution will furnish formula in case you're there, in simple terms like a number of babies are presented with diapers jointly as they're there. i've got faith they use the already made bottles.

Outrage? I think not. Your baby, your responsibility. I'm sure their are more inportant things to spend tjr hospitals budget on than formular for free loading parents. Whyshould tax payers foot the bill for mothers who refuse to nurse for selfish reasons? Or to pay for mothers who can't. I would rather see it put into incubators for premmie and sick babies rather than parents who choose to relieon handouts.

Hmm well since a baby can't have cow milk until a year of age I believe they should provide formula due to their is always someone who leaves their baby at the hospital for adoption I find it hard to believe they wont have any formula in the entire hospital. Maybe they wont just give it out? Idk I find that confusing

BECAUSE YOU SHOULD BREASTBEED OKAY !!!WHY DID YOU HAVE A CHILD FOR IF YOU DON'T GIVE HIM YOUR BEST?WHAT'S UP YOU DON'T LOVE YOUR BABY ENOUGH TO GIVE HIM THE SWEETEST MILK IN THE WORLD..ALL BABY NEED AT THIS STAGE IS CUDDLE ON MUM BOOBS..HE NEED YOU SO BAD YOU JUST LET HIM DOWN SO BAD BECAUSE YOU CARE ABOUT YOURSELF...GIVE BABY YOUR MILK SO HE OR SHE CAN BE A SMART HEALTHY BABY.THATS WHY GOOD GIVE YOU MILK SO YOU CAN FEED YOUR BABIES WITH NOT JUST TO USE IT 4 YOUR SEXUAL FANTASIES