gabe asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 10 years ago

Differences and Similarities of Japanese/Tagalog language.?

I'm a Filipino who's trying to learn Japanese. I'm tired of taking Spanish all the time(I took Spanish because a lot of Spanish words are loan words in Tagalog). If I was a fluent Tagalog speaker, would it would it be easier for me to learn Japanese?

Since Tagalog words can be pronounced in phrases(For example, "Hanapin ko kayo/Ha-na-pin ko ka-yo") Our grammatical structure is different in comparison to English. It's basically Verb-Subject-Object,(For example,"Kakain ako kanin.","Will eat I rice", is what it pretty much translates to.)

Any opinions?? Extra information onto these guesstimations that weren't mentioned in my question would be considered helpful also. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Hi there! To answer your question: maybe. :)

You must have noticed that our national language and Nihongo are the same in the sense that we both pronounce words by reading each syllable. This makes it somewhat easier for us to pronounce Japanese words like egao, made, and iku.

Anyway, you would find that learning Japanese is easy--if you give your all into studying it. Also, just remember to have fun and this language would surely come to you quite easily.

Here's a site you could visit if you would like to learn a little about Nihongo. I hope you have fun!

• ?

Language is approximately verbal exchange. People are almost always so much the identical besides that they talk one-of-a-kind languages and increase little terms which provide an explanation for matters without problems - metaphors for those who like. In english we might say 50 quid that means £50, in southern France they'll say 50 bal which was once a further phrase for franc. The french inform jokes approximately Belgians and moules frites (mussels and chips) while we've Irish jokes. You will discover this in ALL cultures.

Depends on if you have the talent and a good teacher. Tagalog and Japanese are VERY different. Just go to Youtube and compare the two languages.

"I will eat rice" would be "watashi wa gohan wo tabemasu" , which would be "i will rice eat." and there are many different variations to a single phrase depending on who you are talking to and where you are. often, Japanese excludes subjects from sentences and it would still make perfect sense.

Source(s): I speak Japanese

No similarities, all differences.

And i recommend you to do Mandarin instead. It could benefit you more and is just slightly easier to learn than Japanese.