What's your favorite music related movie?

I'm watching The Blues Brothers right now and I got curious. So what's your favorite music related movie/documentary?

BQ: Best SNL movie?

36 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Crossroads. The one about the Blues with the Karate Kid in it not the other crappy one of the same name. Favourite docos are "Lemmy"and the 3-part "Jimi Hendrix , the uncut story"

Btw, best book I ever read about music was "Highway to Hell, The Life and Times of AC/DC Legend Bon Scott"

• Jon
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

The Temptations was a really good movie. I think it could make anyone appreciate Motown, which is one genre of music that I like outside of Heavy Metal, it was about the group's career and personal lives, and had a lot of music in the film. I also like This is Spinal Tap! as a comedy and A Headbanger's Journey as a documentary. I also like that movie Almost Famous. There's probably a lot I'm forgetting though.

BQ- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

• Rg4
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Control

The Doors

This Is Spinal Tap

Pirate Radio

Sid and Nancy

The Blues Brothers

Almost Famous

BA: Wayne's World

Coneheads

A Night at the Roxbury

MacGruber

• David
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

1. Velvet Goldmine. A fictionalized account of the London glam scene in the '70s. Jonathan Rhys Meyers plays a Bowie-esque character. Ewan McGregor plays an Iggy Pop-esque character. Christian Bale, Toni Collette, and Eddie Izzard co-star.

2. Control. A biopic, shot in beautiful and stark B&W, centered on Ian Curtis' (Joy Division) short life--the rise to fame, the marital strife, the seizures.

3. Almost Famous

Bonus: The Blues Brothers or Wayne's World. Though, I must admit, I also highly enjoyed MacGruber.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Almost Famous, 8 Mile, Across The Universe, Pink Floyd's The Wall, Walk The Line and Control

• Russ
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Hmm I like This Is Spinal Tap and Pink Floyd: The Wall.

• 8 years ago

Walk The Line (Johnny Cash)

BQ: Wayne's World but McGruber was hilarious

• 8 years ago

The Story Of Anvil . The whole movie was just emotional and about how a metal band just as good as others never got the credit they really deserved .

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

August Rush

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The Decline of Western Civilization and Control.

BA: Probably Wayne's World.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.