What's your favorite music related movie?

I'm watching The Blues Brothers right now and I got curious. So what's your favorite music related movie/documentary?

BQ: Best SNL movie?

Best Answer

Crossroads. The one about the Blues with the Karate Kid in it not the other crappy one of the same name. Favourite docos are "Lemmy"and the 3-part "Jimi Hendrix , the uncut story"

Btw, best book I ever read about music was "Highway to Hell, The Life and Times of AC/DC Legend Bon Scott"

• Jon

The Temptations was a really good movie. I think it could make anyone appreciate Motown, which is one genre of music that I like outside of Heavy Metal, it was about the group's career and personal lives, and had a lot of music in the film. I also like This is Spinal Tap! as a comedy and A Headbanger's Journey as a documentary. I also like that movie Almost Famous. There's probably a lot I'm forgetting though.

BQ- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

• Rg4

Control

The Doors

This Is Spinal Tap

Pirate Radio

Sid and Nancy

The Blues Brothers

Almost Famous

BA: Wayne's World

Coneheads

A Night at the Roxbury

MacGruber

• David

1. Velvet Goldmine. A fictionalized account of the London glam scene in the '70s. Jonathan Rhys Meyers plays a Bowie-esque character. Ewan McGregor plays an Iggy Pop-esque character. Christian Bale, Toni Collette, and Eddie Izzard co-star.

2. Control. A biopic, shot in beautiful and stark B&W, centered on Ian Curtis' (Joy Division) short life--the rise to fame, the marital strife, the seizures.

3. Almost Famous

Bonus: The Blues Brothers or Wayne's World. Though, I must admit, I also highly enjoyed MacGruber.

• Almost Famous, 8 Mile, Across The Universe, Pink Floyd's The Wall, Walk The Line and Control

• Russ

Hmm I like This Is Spinal Tap and Pink Floyd: The Wall.

Walk The Line (Johnny Cash)

BQ: Wayne's World but McGruber was hilarious

The Story Of Anvil . The whole movie was just emotional and about how a metal band just as good as others never got the credit they really deserved .

August Rush

The Decline of Western Civilization and Control.

BA: Probably Wayne's World.