Im going to college next year, what do i do?

i am finally a senior in high school and my mom has very high expectations for me. the thing is i have no idea where to start. i need community service hours, scholarships, and all that good stuff. ive asked guidance councilors in my school for help, but i found their advice useless. they pretty much just told me... show more i am finally a senior in high school and my mom has very high expectations for me. the thing is i have no idea where to start. i need community service hours, scholarships, and all that good stuff. ive asked guidance councilors in my school for help, but i found their advice useless. they pretty much just told me to "get it done" with out any explanation on how i should go about doing it.

i want a reliable future but i have no clue how to go about accomplishing it. no one in my family has ever been to college right out of high school so its not like i have any past experiences from relatives to go off of. i need steps to follow. its all so overwhelming.