Fox and Crow statue near La Muette metro starion.?

Paris is most certainly the world's leader in interesting (sometimes a bit strange) large statues. Think The Thumb in La Defense. I have been able to "interpret" just about all. But one does have me stuck. It is the beautiful statue located in a little park, near La Muette metro stop. I believe... show more Paris is most certainly the world's leader in interesting (sometimes a bit strange) large statues.
Think The Thumb in La Defense. I have been able to "interpret" just about all. But one does have me stuck. It is the beautiful statue located in a little park, near La Muette metro stop. I believe near Avenue Ingres (16th). The Fox and Crow assuredly are from Aesop's fable, but what else?
Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Just goes to show Paris has a bit of everything for everybody.
Update: Thank you for fine answer -- I did find a bit more information. The original monument was erected in the 1890s - sculptor Dumilatre - During the occupation by the Germans in the 1940s, the statue was melted down and the metal used to make bullets. New present statue by Correia 1983. There is history in every... show more Thank you for fine answer -- I did find a bit more information. The original monument was erected in the 1890s - sculptor Dumilatre - During the occupation by the Germans in the 1940s, the statue was melted down and the metal used to make bullets. New present statue by Correia 1983. There is history in every single area of Paris.