I loved Hunger Games, Twilight, Matched, and Divergent recently (and Harry Potter when I was younger)...?

I need some book recommendations for summer reading, preferably from people who've read some or all of those books, and have really enjoyed others.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Vampire Novels

-Night World series by L.J Smith

-House of Night series by Kirsten and P.C Cast

-Vampire Diaries series by L.J Smith

-Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

-Evernight series by Claudia Gray

-Sucks to Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire (maybe) by Kimberly Pauley (+ sequel, Still sucks to be me...)

-Jessica's Guide to Dating on The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

-Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine

-Bite me by Melissa Francis

-Vampire kisses series by Ellen Schreiber

-Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (+ sequel, The Last Days)

-Look for me by the moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn

-Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz

-Thirst series by Christopher Pike

-Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Supernatural Books

-The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare

-The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare

-Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong

-Darkness Rising trilogy by Kelley Armstrong

-Need series by Carrie Jones

-Curse Workers series by Holly Black

-Tattoo & Fate by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

-Dream Catcher trilogy by Lisa McMann

-Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready

-Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

-The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

-The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson

-The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

-Banished by Sophie Littlefield

-The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan

-Strange Angels series by Lili St.Crow

-Dark Visions series by L.J Smith

-Hold me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride

-The Devouring trilogy by Simon Holt

-Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender

-The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver

Dystopian fantasy

-Delirium by Lauren Oliver

-Skinned trilogy by Robin Wassermann

-Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

-Gone series by Micheal Grant

Source(s): HTH!
  • 9 years ago

Ive read all those books and really enjoyed them(:

Some other suggestions are...

'Need',by: Carrie Jones

'Alex Rider Series' by: Anthony Horowitz

'The Percy Jackson Series' by: Rick Riordan

'Fallen' by Lauren Kate

'Hush, Hush' by: Becca Fitzpatrick

Just some suggestions... Enjoy(:

• 9 years ago

Kristin Cashore's books (Graceling/Fire)

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

The Forest of Hands and Teeth series by Carrie Ryan

Nancy Werlin's books (Impossible/Extraordinary)

the Fallen series by Lauren Kate

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Percy Jackson, The Ranger's Apprentice, Inkheart. Percy Jackson has 5 books and the Ranger's Apprentice has 12 so far and Inkheart has 3 but they all are like 500+ pages long.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan

• 9 years ago

There are some great stories at the Little Miss Cutie Story Site! There are even a couple of stories by the world's greatest up-and-coming author, a lovely young woman named Cheryl.

Check them out!

• 9 years ago

Try the Inkheart trilogy by Cornelia Funke

• 9 years ago

Ive read those books too and I loved them!

Guaranteed To Love:

- The Maximum Ride Series (By James Patterson) It has romance, fantasy, action....its my favorite series right now...you have to read these!!!

These are other books, and when I read them, they were pretty good

-Vampire Academy Series (Richelle Mead) romance, fantsay, action, spunky lead role, most times cant even tell their vampires...good book

-Night World ( Series of books containing werewolves, vampire, shapeshifters, witches, that all entertwine in the end. romance supertatural)

-House of Night Series ( Girl who has found magical powers and is now sent to a magic school thing. They have never seen anything like her powers even in the magical world. Romance supernatural)

-Percy Jackson Series ( Has to do with the greek gods in a fresh, 21st century way,some romance, action)

-Immortal Instrument Series (Fantasy, romance, powers, shadowhunters, saves world, ya dah ya da yah da)

-Beautiful Creature ( A boy falls in love with a Caster which is a witch like thing)

-Lost Hero Series (Sequel series to Percy Jackson)

All good books :)

Source(s): Myself
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

"The Devouring" by Simon Holt

"Unwind" by Neal Shusterman

"Gone" by Michael Grant

"Midnighters" by Scott Westerfeld

"The Immortals" by Alyson Noel

"Dark Visions" by L.J. Smith

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

We must have similar reading taste, because I loved all of the books you listed, except for Twilight, which I thought was good, but not great. Matched also has a sequel, Crossed, coming out on November 1st.

Paranormal romances (Twilight):

Stephanie Meyer also has another book, The Host. It's about parasitic "souls" that take over humans body's, and one girl that resists the takeover of her parasite, a "soul" called Wanderer, in order to find her brother, and her true love. It's more science fiction than Twilight, and at first it's a little slow, but the pace picks up, and Stephanie's writing style really comes through.

The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater-- As a child, Grace was saved from a freak wolf attack by a wolf with startlingly yellow eyes. Now, he's back in her life, but in a different way, bringing with him hidden truth, startling clarity, and unintended consequences. The books in it are Shiver, Linger, and Forever.

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is a love story with a supernatural twist. Nora finds herself strangely attracted to Patch, but she doesn't realize that by loving Patch, she's gotten herself involved in a supernatural war. The books in it are Hush, Hush, Crescendo, and Silence.

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer is about Calla, a half wolf half human guardian, who's purpose in life is to protect the Keepers. Her whole life has been planned out for her, including her mating to the gorgeous and confident Ren. When Calla goes against the keepers to save Shay, a human boy in the woods, not only is she forced to question everything she's ever known, but to figure out Shay's place in her world, as well as make a devastating decision.

Need by Carrie Jones is about Zara, and the secret, dangerous world she's dragged into after the death of her father. The story is intense and fast paced, and I highly recommend it. It has three books in it so far: Need, Captivate, and Entice.

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare is about demons, and their hunters. Clary, a regular teen, is thrust into a strange new world when she witnesses a murder committed by three teens, covered in strange markings. The first book is City of Bones.

The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith is a super scary, but amazingly romantic paranormal romance. In it, Jenny is plunged into a different world, where Julian rules as the Shadow Prince. Throughout the book, she struggles to keep her relationship with Tom, while Julian tries to seduce her at every turn. Meanwhile, if she and her friends can't face their fears in time, they may never return to Earth.

Night World by L.J. Smith is about a secret society of mythical creatures where humans are held in contempt. To tell a human about the Night World, or to fall in love with a human is an excuse for the leaders of the Night World to hunt you down. However you can't control when you fall in love...

Dystopian Novels (Hunger Games, Divergent, Matched):

Delirium by Lauren Oliver is about a society in which love is a disease. Society has been reconstructed around this idea, and a vaccination has been developed. Right before Lena gets her vaccination, she falls in love.

The Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld is about a futuristic society in which, at 16, everyone has plastic surgery to become "Pretties." Shay decides she doesn't want the surgery, and runs away, pushing her best friend Tally into a world of chaos. The authorities offer Tally a choice: find Shay and bring her home, or never turn Pretty at all.

Life as we knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer is about what happens when an asteroid hits the moon, altering the natural balance of earth. The book follows 16 year old Miranda as she struggles not only to survive, but to keep her identity in the face of disaster.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan takes place in an zombie overrun world. It is a post apocalyptic romance, written elegantly from first to last line. It is amazing, and thought provoking.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner is really good. Basically, Thomas wakes up to find himself in a dark elevator. When he reaches the top, he is greeted by a group of boys who pull him out into their surroundings. The only thing he remembers is his first name, nothing else.

The Gone series by Michael Grant is about what happens when suddenly, in a sleepy suburban town, all the adults disappear, and the teens start developing powers. The books in it are Gone, Hunger, Lies, and Plaque.

Source(s): I love reading, and I loved most of the books you listed, so I think we'll have similar taste :). Sorry if it was too long... Happy Reading :)
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.