STD trich in wife, but not husband?

I went to the doctor last month for my annual pap. The nurse called me back and said that I tested positive for BV and trich. I have never had am STD in my life. I have no reason to lie, I have never in my life cheated on my husband. I have never been with another person sexually except for him. He has cheated on... show more I went to the doctor last month for my annual pap. The nurse called me back and said that I tested positive for BV and trich. I have never had am STD in my life. I have no reason to lie, I have never in my life cheated on my husband. I have never been with another person sexually except for him. He has cheated on me several times. I told him this last month around mid June. He went to the doctor and I saw a prescription for metronidazole later in the week. He said nothing else about it to me. Today, almost a month later, he tells me that the doctor says he doesn't have anything. He gives me a paper that says he is "negative for chlamydia trachomatis by real time pcr", negative for herpes subtype and negative for neisseria gonorrhoeae". Those are the only things in the paper, no other tests are on there. So I asked him why did the doctor give him metronidazole. He said that ga told the doctor that I had it and she just gave it to him. I didn't think that doctoral would do this on your word...but maybe they do. I would at least think they would give you a test for trich also to at least ease your mind about having it. Nevertheless, I don't buy what he is saying nor the papers. He must have forgotten that he told me after he had the medicine that he had to go back in (probably for a recheck after taking tje medicine). Again, I don't have a reason to lie. I haven't cheated on him. I'm wondering id he is lying. Or could the trich lay dormant in him and not be detected for some reason during testing. Why isn't the test for trich on the sheet. I don't know much about STD's, but I'm pretty sure trich is not the same as the chlamydia trachomatis. Useful help will be appreciated. Again, I have never cheated and I agree with all that would say he is scum. I just need to get a better understanding because I think he is either leaving information out or changed the results. I don't understand why a doctor wouldn't test you for a disease you say that your partner has, but instead just give you medicine. Thanks in advance.
3 answers 3