17 year old male virgin - could really use some advice?...?

Hey, I'm a 17 year old guy, and i'm currently a virgin out of my own choice. I don't smoke, drink or take any drugs and I've had chances in the past to have sex but I've declined because I want it to be with someone who I actually care for, love and respect.

However, all of my friends are not virgins, and It's now getting to the point where I'm thinking, should I really be waiting for the perfect girl? I want it to be a special and memorable occurrence but I don't like anyone I know in that way so If I carry on the way I am, waiting for someone who I am in a stable relationship with, I could be waiting so long that they'd have to make a sequel to "The 40 Year Old Virgin" Lol. So my dilemma is really whether I should wait for someone "special" (This may take years and years and i'm not sure if i want that) or should I just go out and enjoy myself, but risk regretting it later on, wishing i'd had saved it for someone special....any advice on what I should do? Thanks in advance!

• Lisa
    Favorite Answer

Honestly, no one on here can tell you what to do. I think it's commendable that you want your first time to be with someone you care about...so refreshing in this world where guys typically just want to shove it into anyone willing. Then again, you ARE missing out on a big part of your life. You're only seventeen though, way too early to throw in the towel yet. You're probably still a high school student, and remaining a virgin means you don't have to worry about STD's or accidental pregnancies. It really would be a tragedy if you decide to just give it up to some girl at a party and she turns up pregnant, wouldn't it? That would be irony right there. For now, I would stick to your ideals and give it a few more years. If by say, age twenty-one, you're still a virgin and still haven't met anyone you have real feelings for, then it may be time to reconsider things. For now, you're fine. You still have twenty-three years to go before you become the forty year old virgin.

From the view of an outsider the choice is obvious. WAIT. It sounds like your letting worry and the fact that your the only one in your group that hasn't had sex get in the way of you finding that special someone. Wait I can tell that that's what you really want to do and with you I think if you just go out and do it then you will be really disappointed.

Source(s): I really hope this helps you out =)

omg i'm so glad i came upon this question! please please WAIT ! girls love it and i mean LOVE IT when guys are virgins.. it just makes you unique and special and not like every other man whore out there. having sex brings many consequences too remember that ! such as having a baby or getting an infection.. and sleeping around can definitely be a cause of this! so i say wait till you find your perfect girl and have the most special night of your life.. besides the fact tht youre a virgin will drive girls crazy and just make it even more special! youre only 17 you have long ways to go to find the right girl! dont sweat it ! and don't let peer pressure and what your friends get to you.. you should be soo proud of being one of the few male virgins out there ! PROPS TO YOU!

You should wait it out at least a little longer. If you just lose your virginity - which you seem to care about - to any girl, then you probably would regret it afterwards. Wait, and you can make it perfect like you want.

• B.

I would say, find someone not 'as special as you want' but someone that you 'cling' with at least.

Don't have meaningless sex, but with someone that you have a thing for.

Don't save it for someone special, the 'perfect girl'; the part where you talked about the sequel to the Steve Carell movie, that's funny.

So, go enjoy yourself with a girl that you have feelings for.

All the best,

B.

• Jason

Waiting isn't a bad thing at all. If you are glad that you aren't a conformist to peer pressure that stay on that path. If you have sex just to have sex you will regret it and it will make you feel hollow and empty based on how you describe yourself.

ok sooo im 20, and dont worry i was 18 when i lost mines and i too had friends who lost it when they where like 14 so i felt left out, dude it will happen when it happens but dont be picky! and before you do it be comfortable with that person or else your going to be be scared and it will be a compete fail, id say be in a relationship with a girl & get to love her, ive been with my girl for almost 2 years and we where each others first.

Source(s): i was a 18 year old virgin...

dont let your friends peer pressure or influence you! youre yourself, you have your own choices! 40 year old virgin is a movie! = fiction! just wait for the one.

• RIP

dude you're only 17 !! you are still in your teens , it;s not like you're 89 and tomorrow you're gonna die and you ran out of time for having sex !

some of your friends will get STDs for having sex with anygirl they see and they will have to struggle with that for rest of their lives

just be proud of who you are

there are women out there looking for a guy like you , cuz there arent a lot out there like you

you are perfect , never doubt that

mine

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201107...

don't worry about it so much, sex is just sex it means nothing. so have as much sex as you like, its who you are with that makes sex special.