Weird scratching sounds? Maybe ghost?

Okay, so say it's time for me to go to sleep. I turn off my lights, get's all cozy, lay on my side and put my head on my pillow. Few seconds later I hear scratching. Sounding like it's coming from under my bed. Which is impossible, nothing can get under there, PLUS I have a thick mattress. But the scratching never fails to stop. Sometimes, if I put my hand over the scratching I can feel it. Other times I scratch back, and then the scratching speeds up. Even if I turn on my light all I can hear the is the constant scratching coming from...well, under my bed. I know it isn't bed bugs or anything like that. Because even with my old mattress I heard scratching sounds. I feel like a lunatic. I moved to another house later on....the scratching is STILL occurring. What is it? It's not my cat. I'm almost starting to consider a ghost. The scratching mostly occurs when I'm on my bed, but I've had many cases where I lay down on the couch and hear it too. Right beneath me. Sometimes when I stand I feel it under my feet. I don't even have to be at home, one time it happened when I was at church! By the way: I have had more than one mattress and more than one house. It isn't any form of rodent, this I am positive of. But, that doesn't help me know what it is. Help me please, I can't sleep through it. It freaks me out so much...thanks. -Val

Let it be known that it does not happen every day. Only sometimes. I can feel it & hear it. Except for when I stand...then I only feel it.

Favorite Answer

Hey Val.

I am highly interested in these subjects, as well as had some experiences of my own. i agree, it is very scary. but the first thing you need to find out is if its a spirit, you need to contact a psychic or psychic investigator, or even just a medium. they will tell you if its a spirit and if it is trying to contact you.

just because it is a spirit does not necessarily mean that it is a BAD one. sometimes, it is just loved ones from beyond trying to communicate. if you wish for this to stop, you must find out what is causing it.

• Ruth1 year agoReport

THIS HAPPENING TO ME, I THREW AWAY MY MATTRESS BOUGHT A NEW ONE , MOVED 3 TIMES. THOUGHT I WAS ALONE UNTIL NOW. I DO FEEL A SPIRIT FOLLOWING ME I CAN'T TAKE THIS SCRATCHING ANYMORE. PLZ HELP

It doesn't sound paranormal, that is, it is unlikely to be a ghost.

Ghosts do not normally operate in our dimension, but when they do materialize in the third dimension they must follow our rules of science. This fact causes them to be very weak, which means a ghost would not have the kind of physical power you describe. Two other factors which make a haunting unlikely is that, first, the sound is transferable (from one location to another), and, two, it seems to be following you personally. Hauntings are normally location specific, and very fragile, with even remodeling of a location having a negative effect. Ghosts don't follow people from location to location, except in very unusual situations, yet even then they will return to their original haunt.

Here's how to test if it is a ghost:

Put some ice under your bed. Most ghosts rely on heat for energy and they avoid ice. It would be interesting if the scratching stops.

Make a very loud noise under the bed. Like an air horn, or a big bell. Then listen for the scratching.

Put an ultrasonic electronic insect repellent under the bed. If the scratching stops then it could be a ghost.

• Lori

Of course you are not crazy. I can think of 2 options; you could do either one, or both. 1. Talk to the ghost. Tell it firmly that it doesn't live here anymore. Tell it you are its friend, and it is wasting time hanging around here when it needs to move on. 2. Get a new hamster or other pet. Once Pudding sees the new living animal, it will realize its mistake and go on to its next existence.

• Clay

Samantha Is right. When you scratched back and it sped up, that says that it was trying to let you know it's there. So anytime you hear it scratch back. And have respect and have no fear of it

It's probably a ghost try to communicate with it if it doesn't respond start yelling at really loudly and if that still doesn't work tell it you are going to kill it if it still doesn't answer throw stuff at it and if none of those work burn everything near you the smoke will make it go away

Source(s): Experience

An entity is following you, but not demonic because it went in a church with you.

Maybe a hearing defect?

Everybody poops. It's ok.

most likely a roden

If you contine to think this is paranormal speak up and tell it to leave your house and never ever return.

Keep telling it over and over again until it is gone.

yes its ghost I live near graveyard. and seen them many times.